Jesse Bromwich - Cocaine Allegation

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

if you don't know the full story or have all the information don't comment
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

^ Please don't try and stifle speech. That is exactly what you tried to do.

Not even the Kiwis management have all the information but they had enough to stand the players down. I or no one here have all the information but we have to make do with what we have and make judgements accordingly.

From the information it is blatantly obvious that Jesse has let down my club and my country.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:I get the sense for some Storm fans, anything short of public execution will be considered "too lenient" and paramount to flushing our culture down the drain.

First offence, give the bloke a f*cking chance... and in relation to our culture, I think our club's response has been suitably severe. We have been spoilt with so few public incidents in a number of years.
I get why people are mad and I get why people should lighten up. I was pretty pissed off to begin with so I knew I could live with whatever punishment was doled out and JB is the one the has to cope with it. As someone else said earlier, it's a long way back.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:if you don't know the full story or have all the information don't comment
You've weighed in on this issue plenty based on some of your posts in here so perhaps you should follow you own advice.

Everyone on here is upset or disappointed or angry or indifferent about what Jesse has done but if you foul up you are scrutinised, fairly or otherwise. That's just life.

For you to tell people that they are not free to comment is reprehensible. His actions have harmed more than just himself and that's why people are talking about this and that is why people are allowed diversity of opinion on the matter.

Me personally, I'd like to go one better this year and we can't do that with the best prop in the world suspended. One person is not bigger than the club. I reckon he would know he has harmed more people than just himself and I know he'll do his very best to make it right. I wouldn't want to be in the same room when Bellyache gives him the rounds of the kitchen, though.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

sallymay wrote:if you don't know the full story or have all the information don't comment
Does -

"First of all I was angry but now I really don't believe any of it....
first of all if the police had evidence against these two they would've been charged straight away like Shaun Kenny dowell and the Sharks CEO the fact they weren't charge makes me believe the dude that was in court was just naming players he had seen to get the them in trouble
Second the alleged evidence of cctv is where...the news had Shaun Kenny dowells cctv footage within an hour of his arrest and the arrest of the Sharks CEO cctv footage came out like 3 hours after it happened yet no footage of these two
Thirdly news reporters are normally on to it and know every detail within two or three hours....I've spoken to a few reporters who have said they know nothing accept this guy in court named them
The whole thing is odd
Innocent till proven guilty and even then if guilty I say give them a suspension monetary fine councilling rehab and make them earn their spot back in the reserves and make them work volunteer for a local junior club (in JBs case not the one his son is at)"

- sound familiar Sally?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

My biggest problem here is the fact that Bromwich was supposed to be a leader and mentor for the young players coming through.
I think it is unlikely that it is the first time; your average person doesn't think "I lost a footy game, what am I going to do? Oh how about - I know, lets buy some drug we've never tried before from some guy we don't know from Adam and snort it on the street".
And the fact they are long time Storm team mates makes me wonder if there is an issue among a group of players at the club.
So is this stupid behaviour something that the young guys at the club will tacitly accept as normal and/or acceptable because one of the big names does it? How can Jesse be trusted to be a role model and guide for them?

(Disclosure: I work in an industry where random drug tests are common and a positive drug test (or caught on camera) in or out of work time is likely to cost some tradie on 60-70K/year their job. No second chances, no two weeks off without pay. They are the rules, and you have to accept them to work here. And guess what? The guys who work for me are responsible and don't do it. My company has well over a hundred tradespeople working in our local region - lots of them young men - and it's amazing how often they don't blow over the limit or test positive. These blokes get paid 10 times that amount to play footy - I have little sympathy for the so called 'pressure' they are under. Real pressure is struggling to pay the bills, buy a car and get a mortgage.)
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

And the suggestion from the clubs that the Kiwis should have done more to keep them under control? Pathetic. They are grown men not 10 year olds on a school excursion.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I have heard, and this is only secondhand info, that Dane Swan, Dustin Martin, James O'Connor and a few of the Storm lads are/were regulars on the 'party circuit'.
It's just a small rat pack and certainly not a widespread culture.
Again just info I heard secondhand.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:
Does -

first of all if the police had evidence against these two they would've been charged straight away like Shaun Kenny dowell and the Sharks CEO the fact they weren't charge makes me believe the dude that was in court was just naming players he had seen to get the them in trouble
Second the alleged evidence of cctv is where...the news had Shaun Kenny dowells cctv footage within an hour of his arrest and the arrest of the Sharks CEO cctv footage came out like 3 hours after it happened yet no footage of these two
Thirdly news reporters are normally on to it and know every detail within two or three hours....I've spoken to a few reporters who have said they know nothing accept this guy in court named them
The whole thing is odd
Innocent till proven guilty and even then if guilty I say give them a suspension monetary fine councilling rehab and make them earn their spot back in the reserves and make them work volunteer for a local junior club (in JBs case not the one his son is at)"

- sound familiar Sally?

yes and this was before I found out more info I cant and wont delete what I write b4 I know more info but when I know the rest of the story I will defend Jesse till the cow comes home
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:
TC wrote:
Does -

The whole thing is odd

- sound familiar Sally?

yes and this was before I found out more info I cant and wont delete what I write b4 I know more info but when I know the rest of the story I will defend Jesse till the cow comes home
Yep and you're entitled to do so.

To tell people they have no right to a voice or opinion because they don't have all the information (and how you've managed to get the inside story on this is beyond me) is something else entirely.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Defend him for getting plastered? Can't imagine your case would be too strong.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

First offense if usually a slap on the wrist. Bromwich is giving up the captaincy of his country and club, thousands of dollars, and ruled himself out of the world cup. Outside of burning him at the stake, I'm not sure what else people want.
Rina
Squall
Squall

It will be interesting to see how Jesse carries himself going forward.
It takes a long time to build trust back from his playing group, staff and his fans so it's up to him to determine how this incident will shape him.

As far as our public image goes, those who dislike us will continue to do so. Every time there's is a scandal featuring a player from another club supporters who don't like the club seize the opportunity. I am not concerned about them, nor am I concerned for our supporters because we've been through hell and back and came out the other end unified and resilient. Jesse's actions doesn't change that.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rina wrote:It will be interesting to see how Jesse carries himself going forward.
It takes a long time to build trust back from his playing group, staff and his fans so it's up to him to determine how this incident will shape him.

As far as our public image goes, those who dislike us will continue to do so. Every time there's is a scandal featuring a player from another club supporters who don't like the club seize the opportunity. I am not concerned about them, nor am I concerned for our supporters because we've been through hell and back and came out the other end unified and resilient. Jesse's actions doesn't change that.
We all know he'll work his ass off.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

sallymay wrote:
TC wrote:
Does -
- sound familiar Sally?

So it's fine for you to make comment when you admit you don't know all the facts but not for anyone else? Hypocritical much?