Round 3 Storm v Broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Billy will be back I will put money on it and play at the back and score a try even if his shoulder is injured such is the nature of the man we call Billy. And then he would stop playing but hope for Billy that the bloody shoulder holds together so he can finish the way he deserves to in a grand final. ,

And that's all I have got to say about that.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Man i think this is a mistake. I think he will try to overplay his hand too much and try to be the hero.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

He's the best fullback of all time. That's no mistake
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think you're living in a fantasy land if you think we see that Billy Slater again. Would be some story though. Coming back after basically two years out and performing at a high level again.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'm not expecting miracles out of him. But I do have faith in him getting back to a high enough level were the team is that much better because he's in it. Might take him a little but he'll get there
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So pumped to see Slater back... If his shoulder is right to go, we are a MUCH better team with him in it.

People getting upset/frustrated that Jacks will miss out for Slater are the ones in fantasy land where that is seen as the better option...
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wow Bellamy not mucking around. Slater named to start.
Have to feel for Ryley but apart from Tohu we're just about at full strength if Jesse plays.
Storm2016
Squall
Squall

id say given the uncertainty over Slater at least this early in his comeback, id say Ryley Jacks will still play, it will just be off the bench as utility.

I still think he could of played some reserve grade games before coming back to test it there and get confidence, as its a big risk to bring him straight back in to NRL, but we have shown we are still ok without him, but if he can come back and be even half as good as he was, then that can only add to our team hopefully.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'd be happy to see Jacks come off the bench. He's a big enough body to put in some work in the second row if needed.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jacks off the bench would be the smart thing to do.

If Slater gets injured again this year he has to give it away IMO.
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I don't think Slaters shoulder is the biggest worry with him coming back, I think the contact and physicality of playing first grade is the biggest hurdle. Like others have said, at least 1 game in for Sunny coast/East would have been beneficial. I hope Slater comes back firing

Jacks on the bench would be a good call.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hasn't really mattered so far and I think the conditions have played a part but we need to get more out of our starting backrow in attack.

Round one - Kenny (71 minutes) 11 runs for 58m and Felise (80 minutes) 11 runs for 74m.
Round two - Kenny (55 minutes) 7 runs for 40m and Felise (80 minutes) 6 runs for 49m.

Nelson hasn't exactly been great to start the season either so maybe it is the conditions. Just something to watch out for given both are in different roles.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can't wait for this game...

First home game.
Return of Slater.
Pumped!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nicholls and Young were dropped off the bench, still a possibility of Jesse and Jacks playing.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rumours Slater will start on the bench.