#ChambersOut

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sean
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Hello friends,

Thought I'd make my first post an important one, so who's with me in wanting Will Chambers dropped?

#ChambersOut
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

He is out of form, but he has been out injured for quite some time. I still have faith that he will bounce back to his best.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

If you go back to posts from a month ago people were still saying there was time in the season for him to find form.

Now here we are with 1 game left, its just not going to happen. This guy is going to have to be carried through the finals series and based on fridays effort it is going to cost us

#ChambersOut
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

It is to late now
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Seriously the Chambers hate on this forum is ridiculous. Anyone would think he was the worst centre in the world the way you guys carry on. Now sure he hasn't been at his best, but he hasn't been that bad either. I thought the game against the Broncos was he's best since he's been back. He's only bad spot was that first try when he took of from marker, but honestly who here expected Thaiday to do that on the last tackle. He is starting to find he's groove again, he made a few near breaks in the game.

Oh and by the way. He easily outplayed Morgan on Friday night
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No one outplays Morgan. What a ridiculous statement to make.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He was shit on Friday night but so were the rest of the team.
Vunivalu didn't look interested, Cameron Smith was caught out twice at dummy half and was a below par performance from him.
And what was with the inside defence not pushing across!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I don't believe it's too late to drop a player either. Cowboys brought in Feldt last year late into the piece and he was impressive during their finals campaign. We also brought in Fonua late in '12 who also performed admirably.

Up to Craig though. I hadn't been too down on Chambers till I saw a few of his feeble defensive efforts the last few weeks.
sean
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Deadpool wrote:Seriously the Chambers hate on this forum is ridiculous. Anyone would think he was the worst centre in the world the way you guys carry on. Now sure he hasn't been at his best, but he hasn't been that bad either. I thought the game against the Broncos was he's best since he's been back. He's only bad spot was that first try when he took of from marker, but honestly who here expected Thaiday to do that on the last tackle. He is starting to find he's groove again, he made a few near breaks in the game.

Oh and by the way. He easily outplayed Morgan on Friday night
I take that as a vote for #ChambersOut
sean
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Scott
Blair
Morgan
Hampton
Chambers

That's our order of centres right now in my opinion. Deny it all you want but the old Chambers is goners. Haven't seen anything great from him all year. #ChambersOut
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I like your style, Sean. No better way to make a good first impression on this forum than denouncing Chambers!
sean
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Inglis#3 wrote:I like your style, Sean. No better way to make a good first impression on this forum than denouncing Chambers!
Thank you Mr Inglis#3. I feel as if people defend him purely because of his form in previous seasons. Some of the people defending him are probably the same people that chant "go the stormers!!!"
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I defend him because he is being unfairly blamed and criticised. Everybody blames him for Suli not scoring but most of Suli's tries have came from kicks or passes from Cronk and Munster.

His form, while not great is not bad. Everyone seems to think Morgan is this top class centre that gave Suli everything, but no one says anything about Koroibetes tries drying up since Morgan replaced Blair. Double standards.

#ChambersIn
sean
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Deadpool wrote:I defend him because he is being unfairly blamed and criticised. Everybody blames him for Suli not scoring but most of Suli's tries have came from kicks or passes from Cronk and Munster.

His form, while not great is not bad. Everyone seems to think Morgan is this top class centre that gave Suli everything, but no one says anything about Koroibetes tries drying up since Morgan replaced Blair. Double standards.

#ChambersIn
I don't think Morgan should necessarily be there either so it's nothing personal attacking Chambers. Fact is he's just not up to NRL standard right now.

#ChambersOut
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

He is without doubt being unfairly criticized, and being used as a scapegoat when the entire team doesn't perform.

I think people are expecting him to be playing like the best centre in the competition, and have been since his first game back from injury. So when he performs like an average first grade centre, he is getting heavily criticised.

Compare that to Morgan and Blair who perform like average first grade centres week in week out and are lauded for it because frankly, no one expected sfa from them.