Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hopefully the rumours of us making an approach to Paul Carter are horseshit.
We really do not need him at all.

I don't get where this idea that Craig can turn around the disorderly has come from.
He recruits people with good attitudes, with a good head on their shoulders. He turns around those who're not being given the appreciation they deserve from previous clubs. Not people who drive down the right side of the road during a drinking bender.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rumours going around that Addo-Carr will backflip on his Storm deal to stay with the Tigers...

There's a great way to ensure you grow as a player. If he does that, he likely halves the value of his subsequent contract.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I thought there was a June 30 deadline for backflippers?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There is but it will never stop players from trying to get out of contracts. This is from 'The Lurker' however, so not the world's most reliable source...
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Tigers are going nowhere anytime soon. They'll always be one hit wonders.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There were rumours for weeks leading up to the signing becoming official that he wanted to stay with the Tigers. Be surprised the Storm would allow it to happen now.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Let the man out of his contract if he isn't interested. Seems like a bad egg anyway.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

While i'd happily have him here because i think he has enormous potential and think he would thrive in our system, if it's true he doesn't want to be here then i'd rather not have him which is a stance the club has taken back since our inception. If it does happen and we did let him leave, given it's outside the June 30 deadline it wouldn't hurt to ask for a bit of compensation from the Tigers which we're more than entitled to ask for. $50k i reckon would do it ;)
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

yourhero wrote:Rumours going around that Addo-Carr will backflip on his Storm deal to stay with the Tigers...

There's a great way to ensure you grow as a player. If he does that, he likely halves the value of his subsequent contract.
Won't be at all disappointed if it's true.
He's quick, but doesn't have much else going for him at this point. Judgement in defence is poor and he's got dropsy. Defence you can teach, but if he can't catch at his age it will always be a problem.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Agree with above posts. We don't need anyone at the club who isn't committed to being here. Our systems only work when our players buy into the culture of the club and it would be in the club's interest not to have him here if his heart is elsewhere. I'd love to see some compensation come our way but with the Tiger's financial woes that isn't likely to happen. Whatever extra money this leaves in the pot, I'd love to see it go towards re-signing Green.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Let him stay at the Tiger if he doesn't want to buy into the hard work team first ethic of Melbourne Storm. The club will find another high quality winger who does !! Melbourne will win premierships without Adding Carr...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

My son is in Sydney for the week. Just heard on the news McLean and Hampton are going to the Cowboys next year
Kya
Squall
Squall

That rumour regarding McLean was put forth by Peter Badel on NRL360 and has since been regurgitated by Sydney media.

Nick Smart (HS) has already reported that since McLean is contracted 2017, he WONT be released early.

Honestly, some of the Sydney media outlets talk garbage esp Matty Johns & MMM.
Cows are after him but Storm WILL not let him go easily as he is a Bellamy favourite.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He has come on in leaps and bounds this year. A true break out year. Hopefully we can hold onto Macca. There seems to be a close bond between him and the club/Bellamy.

Would be a shame to see him leave after numerous hamstring/other injuries + Mckinnon situation, just as he is coming into his own.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'd imagine the cows would throw a huge pile of $$$ at him to replace Tamou. Surely we can't afford to keep 3 'marquee-level' props in Jesse, Jordan and NAS. If I had to choose, I'd probably want to keep NAS over Jordan. Obviously I'd hate to see any of them go but I don't know if the club can manage to keep all of our overperforming forwards.