Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Uh. Tigers fan seem to rate him highly but I'm not too excited with this signing...
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The Mauritian wrote:Watched him closely in yesterday's game. He needs a bit of work. He is certainly not as strong as Koroibete. We are going to miss Marika.
I agree he did not exactly light it up yesterday. However the conditions were abysmal, and the club was impressed with his debut against us.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 wrote:Uh. Tigers fan seem to rate him highly but I'm not too excited with this signing...
Heard he has a bit of an attitude problem. Like that he's got plenty of speed and he's only young.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

He could put on some size in the off season if that's what people are worried about. It's his first year in top grade so I don't think it's fair to expect he would light the world on fire. Especially in a tigers side that is performing so poorly. Depending on how much the club paid, he could very well be a good value signing.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote:Sorry my mistake. I just asked the person to clarify and said when he mentioned kids, he was talking about her family having 3 kids (girls) and not her herself so that was a total misunderstanding/feck up on my part. That's what happens when you're trying to listen while watching footy at the same time. Multi tasking has never really been my strong point :oops:

This person has known and been close to her family literally since the day he was born so it's not rumor, guessing or just made up it's fact. Though as mentioned just because they may want to come back doesn't mean it's going to happen given the reasons already stated.

I'd love him back
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/t ... 25876823fc

We have signing news coming left right and centre at the moment Ben Hampton and young about to resign
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's good that we're able to keep our own guys. Still waiting on NAS and who our 5/8 will be next season but I would think we're almost done for next season.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think Hampton has really picked up his game a fair bit this year. His defensive attitude has improved hugely and I'm really happy he'll be staying on with the club.
Same can be said for Young T. It's really important having Victorians in the squad if we're going to promote the game down here.
Rina
Squall
Squall

When are we re signing Kenny Bromwich?
I'm getting nervous for him
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Kenny Bromwich deserves life membership just for getting his bro to the club.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:
I'd love him back
While there was no doubting he was very talented, to be honest i wasn't too fussed when he left but only because of his his constant injuries. He now seems to be getting the best of them and his football has improved because of it so yep i'd be happy to have him back but as usual for the right price.

I'm not sure why but i'm quietly confident NAS will re-sign. We've had a very good run with re-signing players of late overall, of course Marika being an exception but in this day and age the reality is you can't keep them all. With that being said while we'll miss him (initially) and would've loved to keep him, the bottom line is he's only a winger and if there's one thing we should all have learned by now is that wingers are by far the easiest to replace in any position.

Addo Carr might have a few weaknesses but lets not forget he only made his debut a couple of months ago against us scoring a ripper try for good measure. Not to mention a couple against us in a trial and while it was only a trial it's not hard to see what the club saw in him to sign him up. While he might need to put on a few kilo's which is easy enough, he's 6 foot tall and athletic as feck which is exactly what you want a need your wingers to be these day.

Give him a solid pre-season in our system and more first grade experience and i've no doubt at all he'll turn out to be a cracking pick up for us,. He'll still only be 21 by the time he gets here and i just think he has a massive upside.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Not seeing anything to ease my concerns about Addo-Carr's handling tonight.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

To be honest i couldn't give a toss about what he does at the Tigers this year. They're an average team with and even more average coach, are totally undisciplined and just a shit club to boot. Give him a pre-season with us under Bellamy and he'll be just fine just like the vast majority of them are.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Yep, put him in purple and he'll suddenly learn how to catch.
::)
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Ice wrote:To be honest i couldn't give a toss about what he does at the Tigers this year. They're an average team with and even more average coach, are totally undisciplined and just a shit club to boot. Give him a pre-season with us under Bellamy and he'll be just fine just like the vast majority of them are.
I agree. Remember that Marieke was languishing in reserve grade for those Bozos.