Round 11 - Storm vs Eels

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ALX22 wrote:
Scooter wrote:ALX22 I was actually thinking tonight that he is exactly the type of player Qld select.
Yes, he could play a role this series if injuries amount. Would be quite the success story having toiled away in the QCUP for a few years.
He's how old? 26? 27?

Surley he's not too far off. But as long as you have Scott, Myles, Papalli, Thaiday and Maguire it will take injury or poor form (and from those 5 it isn't likely!) for him to get a start. They might bring him in as 18th man just to get a taste of what it is like to be in camp

I think eventually he'll come in and be a Jacob Lillyman type player and just get injected for 20 minutes a half to get a roll on. I think the bull from Rocky and the bull from Charters Towers are a very similar style of footballet but Glasby is a bit more versatile.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thing that pissed me off was the fact Bellamy took cam smith off with 5 to go and not Munster...who cares about f..... origin the dudes got a bung arm and u make him play 80 helllloooooo
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'm not too worried about Munster. I reckon Tohu would fill in just fine at FB while his arm heals. And also take on goal kicking. And be stand-in skipper. And stand-in coach if Bellyache needs a rest during Origin. There's nothing Tohu can't do.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Danger D wrote:There's nothing Tohu can't do.
NRL.com stats for the Eels game have Tohu running for 226 metres...
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Danger D wrote:I'm not too worried about Munster. I reckon Tohu would fill in just fine at FB while his arm heals. And also take on goal kicking. And be stand-in skipper. And stand-in coach if Bellyache needs a rest during Origin. There's nothing Tohu can't do.
I'm working on cloning technology. We just need 17 Tohu's.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Was actually watching the game from the Outrigger Resort in Fiji. Just thought I'd let you all know lol.
From what I saw Tohu once AGAIN killed it, Glasby was sensational and Smith was awesome apart from his goal kicking.
All round great defense and commitment. Suli is surprisingly good!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Munster will be back for Penrith apparently. They mentioned it on the radio yesterday at work on Gold FM. I almost fell over!
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

bula wrote:Was actually watching the game from the Outrigger Resort in Fiji. Just thought I'd let you all know lol.
From what I saw Tohu once AGAIN killed it, Glasby was sensational and Smith was awesome apart from his goal kicking.
All round great defense and commitment. Suli is surprisingly good!

Not sure what has happened to KP but geez his game has gone up a notch too - he has been brilliant
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Everyone should watch this if you get the chance - http://www.nrl.com/the-breakdown-with-m ... fault.aspx
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Everyone should watch this if you get the chance - http://www.nrl.com/the-breakdown-with-m ... fault.aspx
that was brilliant to watch.....let's hope no opposition coaches have watched it :lol:

we need matty elliot to do one saying normal boring predictable conservative storm and send it to all other clubs !!!!
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
ALX22
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Felise Kaufusi has joined QLD camp.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

ALX22 wrote:Felise Kaufusi has joined QLD camp.
Say what?!?!? Sure you don't mean the 20s?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He's just training against them.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Okay. Oppossed sessions and the like. I guess Glasby has already been in the emerging maroons camp.