Marika Korobiete

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

brisbanestorm wrote:Without a direct quote from Cheika that has to be a joke. Korobeite MAY well transition into a good union winger, but that is far from guaranteed. I think Cheika is far too professional to say something like that. I'm sure there would be eligibility issues too.
He's never played for Fiji in Union so wouldn't be an issue.
Can't stand the Fox Sports Ad about him being a Union player and time to bring him home.
So rugby league transforms him from a skinny 16 yr old kid from Fiji into a physical beast and rugby just drops their dick on the table.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bula wrote:
brisbanestorm wrote:Without a direct quote from Cheika that has to be a joke. Korobeite MAY well transition into a good union winger, but that is far from guaranteed. I think Cheika is far too professional to say something like that. I'm sure there would be eligibility issues too.
Can't stand the Fox Sports Ad about him being a Union player and time to bring him home.
So rugby league transforms him from a skinny 16 yr old kid from Fiji into a physical beast and rugby just drops their dick on the table.

"....and rugby just drops their dick on the table". That's GOLD Bula...... :lol:
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm Spirit wrote:
bula wrote:

"....and rugby just drops their dick on the table". That's GOLD Bula...... :lol:
+1 Best description of the situation so far!
Utha
Squall
Squall

Shem - Hawks to Storm
MK - Storm to Rebels

The fact that they're all my teams softens it for me a bit I guess, but it's a shame we may never truly see the best of MK as a league player.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Utha wrote:Shem - Hawks to Storm
MK - Storm to Rebels

The fact that they're all my teams softens it for me a bit I guess, but it's a shame we may never truly see the best of MK as a league player.
Agreed....but nonetheless...no hard feelings to the guy. Professional sporting careers are very short....
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

All but gone going by today's news - League Central - Fox Sports
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Who knows what the real $$$ amount is but union have offered him double what we have according to RLW. They are essentially paying him more than what we are giving Munster, who btw plays a more important and valuable position.

All the best to Marika and his family.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Who knows what the real $$$ amount is but union have offered him double what we have according to RLW. They are essentially paying him more than what we are giving Munster, who btw plays a more important and valuable position.

All the best to Marika and his family.
yes...this. Wingers come...wingers go..
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agreed... disappointed to lose MK5 after the improvement we've seen and the crowd fav he has become... but if the money being talked about by the ARU is anywhere near right... no chance he's earning that in League. Can't blame MK5 for leaving, and in reality the ARU/Rebels can have him for that money.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I really hope the club fought hard - If its true and he's gone then at least we can be happy we had him at some point. I am really bitter about this though , trying to take it like a man
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

I bet if it was Semi being poached from Parra by the Tahs the NRL would have stepped in.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Probably not. No idea why some fans and Bellamy think the nrl should step in here.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I don't think the NRL needs to step in to keep players who want to leave. Put that money into growing the game. Our game always produces the next big thing and while we'll miss MK it won't be long until we're on the Vunivalu train.
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bellamy made reference in a press conference to teams getting players from RU and not having their first year count towards the salary cap, unless I heard it wrong. who was this in reference to, I would guess either burgess or SBW???
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well it's now official. Off to the Rebels.