Parramatta salary cap article- SMH

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Crooner
Squall
Squall

If nothing else, David Gallop should be poked and for that I would support the challenge in court.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Could make a case that the 07 one should never have been stripped, but, yea I'm over it. Time to move on.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

If they're no longer involved with the club can they realistically do anything? I just hope the club and owners stay out of it. We're long past it and I don't want to be reminded of what happened again six years later. That said, if something were to happen that lead to the NRL reinstating one or both of the premierships I'd gladly welcome it. I already don't care what other clubs and supporters think so I wouldn't care if they took issue with us being recognised as premiers during those years again.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

Re our premierships, take my tact, i saw them and that can't be taken away, regardless of what the record books may say. What is seen can't be unseen...

My Parra mate suggested that the NRL could take their wooden spoons off them as they've got nothing else to give up!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think if anything its Maher and his cohorts wanting their day in court as they got 86'd by News Ltd before they could mount a case.

I dunno about you but if I was a board member and my integrity was being questioned in a manner befitting of my dismissal I'd want to be heard too
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote:Re our premierships, take my tact, i saw them and that can't be taken away, regardless of what the record books may say. What is seen can't be unseen...

My Parra mate suggested that the NRL could take their wooden spoons off them as they've got nothing else to give up!
They took their Nines trophy and they will be the dumbest cheats ever in my book.

Fark Parramatta. I have cousins up north who have given me nothing but grief over the years. This is a club whose supporters waved money and threw coins at our players and abused 10 year old children.

I'm not getting up on my high horse by any stretch of the imagination but for Parramatta to then turn around and cheat the cap entitles them to a lifetime of abuse and mockery.
storm77
Squall
Squall

Danger D wrote:
Mattpoet wrote:We're only just beginning to move past this, why re-open old wounds?
+1 I have a lot of respect for Rob Moodie but having our premierships restored through the courts won't change the trauma of 2010 and won't change the fact that we technically won those premierships illegally.
So did NQ and Souths and SC and every Brisbane premiership.
Likely many others as well.
It is one thing to say we got busted doing it but a lot of teams have won titles being way over the supposed cap.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The problem is that a legal challenge will at best re-open the investigation.

That would, in my opinion provide false hope to supporters as the NRL can ill afford to loose face by then re-instating the premierships. They will simply take their time and reaffirm the punishments. Perhaps the fine would be partly refunded but that's it.

The resulting chaos would probably derail the club on field. The emotional pain for supporters for having to go through this again would be excruciating.

Considering that Todd Greenburg has made the first admission by the NRL that we, as fans, were treated harshly and I for one have finally gotten a degree of closure over it, I don't want to go through this again. I urge anyone stupid enough to be considering legal action to consider one thing - be 1000000% certain you will win, the club's supporters can't take another trip through this emotional torture chamber.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

i have found out what the nrl`s favorite word when dealing with corruptamatta..."IF"
Last season when corruptamatta were over the cap the nrl said "IF" you don`t get under you will be on minus 4 points at the start of 2016 season
"IF" the current board don`t resign they won`t be able to play for points until they do.
"IF" they don`t get under the cap ($570,000 over) then you won`t get any points until they do.
"IF" whatmong retires because he is injured then they will go along way to be under.
"IF" whatmong is injured then corruptamatta won`t be disadvantaged in any way cos he wouldn`t be playing anyway so they will vitually be over the cap cos they won`t be losing anyone.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think they should be on -4. Lose all points accrues this season and a further 4 suspended from last year added to the penalty.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-0 ... tion=sport

Parra now allowed to play for points after NRL reneg on punishment that they won't be competitive until the 5 step down.

What a gutless, soulless, spineless mob the NRL are. No wonder our sport is mocked!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just lost the respect I gained for Greenburg's handling of this
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They will likely approve Watmong's insurance payout and backdate it accordingly to help them out and reduce the amount that they are over.

The whole process is a sham from start to finish.
one-eyed
Squall
Squall

What a load of crap this is, Storm got hammered and the bloody eels get almost nothing >:(
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

They never wanted to take points away as it would destroy the NRL season, their words. But they had to do something so 12 points it is and every helping hand to get them back on tack. So it is a real season not like 2010. The NRL are just going to pray they do not win the premiership.