Rd 3 vs Warriors

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

And his current form doesn't even warrant selection IMHO
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Scooter wrote:Thankfully we were tougher at the end then they were. Glad we were able to get back in front.

Some observations regarding the referees apparently the crack down on correct play the balls has gone out the window. And it is ok to tackle high, both sides laid a few high tackles and got away with them especially Shaun Johnson.

Kettles while I agree with you that NAS should be currently picked ahead of Welch. I think your appraisal of Welch is very harsh. I like Welch's energy when he comes on. He made 10 tackles without a miss and made 37 metres from 3 runs (avge of 12 metres). "Littered with errors" he made 1 handling error. I think Welch has leadership written all over him and is likely to be a future captain of the Storm.
think NAS has the potential to be a great player, but get the feeling (only from seeing him as much as everybody else during game time) that he knows this and thinks he is already. Totally agree with about Welch. Watched a bit of him in the U20 and was really impressed with his work rate and defence and totally agree with Scooter's point about his leadership potential.

P.S. don't think there was anything wrong with the tackle on Munster.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I actually like Welch from his first game till now. Makes good impact in tackles and actually bends the line in attack. He's probably a young Finucane type.
I thought Munster and Harris could of fed Koroibete a bit more a couple of times it was only a footrace to score.
Anyway good win and have to say Kenny Bromwich has been massive these opening 3 rounds.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

The tackle on Munster was probably legal but it didn`t look good at the time and it could have seriously injured Munster. Last season Manu Fattyguys tackle on Billy was legal and it destroyed Billy`s shoulder.(plus the other tackle on Billy later in the same game) can`t remember the other player. legal or not they can end someones career.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

stormy wrote:The tackle on Munster was probably legal but it didn`t look good at the time and it could have seriously injured Munster. Last season Manu Fattyguys tackle on Billy was legal and it destroyed Billy`s shoulder.(plus the other tackle on Billy later in the same game) can`t remember the other player. legal or not they can end someones career.
I agree. Totally legal but very cringeworthy to watch replays of. I guess that's the game we love: very physically demanding and damaging most of the time. Just look at what happened to Sam Burgess this weekend.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

- Bromwich brothers were AMAZING
- Green is impressing me more and more each game
- Hampton tried really hard and put in a lot of work and I think will only get better with more games under his belt and adjusting to the utility/impact position
- Highly recommend watching the replay of the Loloheia try and seeing MK5's acrobatic missed tackle: would have been more funny if it wasn't so concerning
- Thought Welch tried hard but agree with others that NAS would have had more impact
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormy wrote:The tackle on Munster was probably legal but it didn`t look good at the time and it could have seriously injured Munster. Last season Manu Fattyguys tackle on Billy was legal and it destroyed Billy`s shoulder.(plus the other tackle on Billy later in the same game) can`t remember the other player. legal or not they can end someones career.
It might have been legal but it's guaranteed to be a massive talking point during the week. There was a tackle on Inglis yesterday that went unpunished even though he was injured and Paul Carter also got pinched for a pretty nasty below the knees hit in the Souffs vs. Dragons game.

These kinds of tackles will be the new shoulder charge.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The cannonball tackle at the knees is outlawed already. It was a dangerous tackle purely designed to take Munster out of the match IMHO
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No I don't think it was intentional at all. Was reckless and shouldn't be allowed but definitely not intentional.
Crooner
Squall
Squall

Nothing wrong with the tackle on Munster.
What do you think we are supporting .... it is a collision sport
And to bring up the Vatuvi tackle on Billie?? that was also not only legal but well within the spirit of the game.
You have the ball you get tackled.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Slater was also taken out on suspicion in the lead up to an MK5 try during that game but nothing wrong with Manu's.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That one was Ikahahifo
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't remember who laid the tackle but remember it being the same game when Manu tackled him....
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It was Ikahahifo, I remember clearly.