Round 2 - Storm vs Titans

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:MK5 will be able to play with an early guilty plea - 93 pts. If he fights it and loses 1 week - 125 pts.
that's the bunker's doing....Patten no doubt.....on field refs didn't have a problem from what I could see
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was scratching my head the other week why Welch and Fus were given such short minutes... and then again last night with Fus and Hampton getting 20mins each.

I thought about it and when we've got Harris and Cam who are playing 80 minutes a week (okay, Harris played 77 last night) with no drop in quality its hard to make a case to bring in any other players. 2 out of 6 forwards are cemented in.

I think this year we will be putting our biggest and best pack - I dare say, ever - on the field.

Also, outside backs consisting of Munster, Koro, Chambers, Scott and a fit Slater is diabolical. Given that we shouldnt be too optimistic about Slater does Blair get a game? Is anyone sold on YoungT's performances over the years?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Josh Massoud is reporting season ending surgery for Slater. Not sure how he has determined that given the arthroscopy has (apparently) not yet occurred.

Not that I take anything from Massoud or Weidler with any credibility.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Whilst Young T was better last night, I am not sold on him. Looking at the other options, I come up with this:

Blair, Hawkins, Vunivalu or Kennar seem to be the other outside backs on our list.

Vunivalu is untried.
Kennar is probably more of a centre - not big enough for the wing.
Hawkins has never really set the world alight.
Blair is solid but unremarkable.

Are any of them better or worse than Young T? I'm not sure to be honest.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If Slater really is gone for the season I really don't know how we can bring him back. It's sad, but the club needs to look forward and make a tough decision.

Young was solid last night. Which is about as good a compliment you can hope for from any of those 4-5 guys.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apparently Ryan Morgan from parra is on his way to Melbourne today (Tuesday) to do a fitness test and be shown around do no if I'm happy about that or not...but I guess Curtis is pretty young and can't expect him to be good all season
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Young was a bit sketchy under the high ball. I think he fumbled one just as the siren went off. Can't remember if it was full or half time. I hope he fields a million at training this week. I thought Cronk running on the 4th tackle was a good show of confidence in Green's kicking ability even though he shanked one I thought he did quite well.
Kenny Bromwich played amazingly. I loved the Bromwich brothers combination where Jesse offloaded to Kenny who picked up an extra 10 or so metres.