Round 1 Storm vs Dragons

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I couldn't make the game last night and watched the game this morning.

Warren and Brandy were at their whingeing best everytime there was a 50-50 decision that should be against the Storm. So much so that I started criticising them a lot and my wife said if you keep complaining I will stop you watching games.

One question with the 10m goal line dropout is it just me or did Cronk clearly knock that ball backwards? Dragons got their second try after that scrum.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote:I'm not sure what Young offers the team. At least when Koro does something stupid he makes up for it in attack.
I think he carries the ball well in attack and is pretty reliable to get back to his feet quickly for a speedy play of the ball. Not exactly qualities you would base a first-grade selection on but I guess I'm just sentimental and like him because he's Victorian. I would take Mahe back in a heartbeat for the same reason.

Other thoughts:
- we were very lucky to get the scrum feed after Will pushed De Bellin and caused an error.
- i love Cam to bits but it's a bit annoying to watch him or anyone arguing with the refs after they've already made their decision and given him their explanation. Maybe he does it to influence their future decisions but I'd rather they just get on with playing the game.
- Bromwich brothers were on fire!
- Munster handled Dugan really well in defence.
- Great to see Billy back to his wily best.
- MK5 must have done some pre-season with the Warriors because he was incredibly bad and amazingly good in the same game.
- Tohu must be one of the most valuable forwards in the game especially with the minutes he plays and the work he gets through. That's without even mentioning his utility factor.
- Felt bad for Gaz Widdop who did really well in a losing side. The penalty he missed right in front gave us the game.
- Will forced a couple of passes that I felt he should have held on to but otherwise he was solid in defence.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kenny Bromwich's 10 minutes after half time were HUGE in terms of us getting the win. That big hit up after the penalty which earned a second. That catch and quick pass off a bad ball and following it up for the try. A big hit down near their goal line that put our defence on the front foot. And then I noticed Cam go looking for him for a hit up when we needed something later. If he keeps that up, he'll have a big year!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agree re: Kenny.

He'll come in to his own this year.