2016 Roster

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

Anyone else really excited about our line up for next season? Rumours currently circulating that we have locked down Idris for a rock bottom price, if Bellyache can get him fit and firing we may well have a team capable of winning the premiership, my biggest concern is Munster, he has X-Factor written all over him and i feel even though Green was solid at 5/8 this year Munster is going to be a long term superstar at 5/8, this is the team i would go with if i was coach based on if we have infact signed Idris:

1. Slater
2. Koroibete
3. Chambers
4. Idris
5. Blair
6. Munster
7. Cronk
8. J.Bromwich
9. Smith (c)
10. McLean
11. Proctor
12. Harris
13. Finucane

14. K.Bromwich
15. Glasby
16. Asofa-Solomona
17. Welch

Idris and Blair would possibly be the tallest and biggest centre/wing combo in the NRL and unlike last year with guys like Mann & Duffie we wont get dominated physically down that flank which I believe was our Achilles heel in 2015.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Brent Read on Twitter reckons Idris is highly unlikely and Storm are looking at another high profile back. So the story goes
Monsoon
Monsoon

It's more than likely we are going to see a Munster/Chambers centre pairing then and keep Green at 5/8 which is also dangerous, although personally Green doesn't really have a huge X factor, maybe Nona or Hampton are finally ready, gonna be an interesting off season.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not into having Idris in the team at all. But I am all about moving Munster to the 5/8 when Slater plays. Think Green could then play the Hinchcliffe utility role for us.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Read confirmed it is Hopoate we are after and we are battling the Bulldogs for his services.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I hope the dogs get him
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep I'd rather Idris. Probably neither will happen though. Just throw Munster in there.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just read an article on Fox Sports website that says we have released Hymel Hunt.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Idris re-signed with Panthers
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1999 wrote:Read confirmed it is Hopoate we are after and we are battling the Bulldogs for his services.
No thanks.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:Just read an article on Fox Sports website that says we have released Hymel Hunt.

I read that too but all his Instagram post indicated he is staying and his girlfriend is a nurse and just moved to melbourne to work at the royal woman's so none of that make sense
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I am reading a rumored signings thread over at LU.

Dean Whare and Curtis Sironen are supposedly targets. Whare yes. Sironen no for me as the club has a "no dickheads "policy.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Fox sports website is reporting that Idris has left the Panthers. Will be taking time off for personal reason and then returning to the NRL. Is he worth keeping an eye on or too much baggage literally and figuratively?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Whare would be a great signing. He's easily one of the best defensive centres in the comp, plus he isn't terrible in attack like a Dane Nielsen.
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Jeremy Hawkins from the raiders...Don't know much about this guy!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pre ... 7593279579