Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bula wrote:Who's Eddie?
Cameron Munster aka Eddie Munster.

Also read that Storm are interested in Bryson Goodwin. That would be a Jonathan Wright-like signing that Bula suggested. Although if he leaves Souths he apparently also has a three year offer from a Super League club. He would be getting more money from Super League. So it is a matter of whether consideration is money and length of deal or opportunity to stake claim for open centre spot in NRL finals contenders.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Rumour
Kennar signed with west tigers
Storm are talking to raiders prop n 2nd rower mark Nicholls..
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

According to this report - http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 7488997799

We want to flick Hampton and Nona so we can sign Jayden Nikorima, who's already unofficially signed with the Roosters for next season.

I got an alert saying we were interested in John Olive from Souths too but not sure what the source was.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:According to this report - http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 7488997799

We want to flick Hampton and Nona so we can sign Jayden Nikorima, who's already unofficially signed with the Roosters for next season.

I got an alert saying we were interested in John Olive from Souths too but not sure what the source was.
Reported in this Fox News article Blazza...........http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pre ... 7488844964
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

There is also a story that the Bulldogs are shopping around Tolman, his is on contact until 2017 but the story goes the Bulldogs have too many forwards and need to off load some. About a month ago I saw a tweet about Storm looking at getting back a front rower who previous at the club. Wonder if the two are connected.
staticash
Squall
Squall

Bring back blondy! That would be awesome, he is a dead set workhorse!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would love Aiden to come back. Imagine a forward pack led by Jesse abd Aiden. The timing of the salary cap scandal stopped that from happening.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We dont need anymore forwards

We put another first grade forward in our pack and NAS or Welch will suffer
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Given how good Glasby is going at the moment (and for less coin than AT would be on) I wouldn't want to mess up our front row roster too much. NAS and Felise are also developing nicely and would really benefit from extra time in first grade.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apparently Tolman is signed through 2017 so any possible move would be contingent on a prospective new club to meet his current wages or the Dogs paying a partial amount. I'd love to have him back under certain circumstances (the second scenario) because as mentioned he's a workhorse who just does his job and does it very well. That said if we had to pay his full quota i'd give it a miss, he'd be on fairly decent coin you'd imagine and rightly so but probably a bit much for us i think.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

billy signing with the storm till 2017...good and bad
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I personally can't see anything bad with Bill re-signing, there's even talk that it might be for one year but with an option for a second in the clubs favor but i'm sure that'll all come out when it's official. The reason why i don't see it as a bad thing is because for one, i still think he has a shitload to offer to the team and will kill it next year with a long lay off to get his body back to peak.

Munster isn't going anywhere and is locked in until the end of 2017 so is the obvious heir apparent at FB and from all reports Bill has been an incredible help mentoring the young fella and is a big reason why he's fitted in so seamlessly. Not to mention Cam (Smith) was on SEN today and when the subject of the Slater/Munster FB spot came up he said Munster will most likely go to centre (as we all knew) and that several people at the club think Munster will actually be a better centre than what he is a FB. Obviously he'l end up at FB but if that's true, having Bill in the number one and Munster getting the job done at centre that can only make us stronger IMO.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So we haven't signed anyone from outside club yet, but today we announced the re-signings of Dean Britt and Joe Stimson for two years.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rumour we're chasing Sam Anderson from Penrith.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Signed Matt White from Gold Coast