Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Agree with Munster needing to be in the FG squad. While he isn't the ideal size for a centre, he definitely punches above his weight and has made some great one-on-one tackles as FB. He definitely has the mindset for first grade and could only get better with the experience. Maybe we need to think about a Mini/RTS transition plan where he job shares with Billy for a couple of years? I doubt Billy would like that too much though.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would be happy to see Munster get a go.

I wonder though, if the plan is Kennar. He was a centre through his junior days.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Triple M reporting that Moses Mbye has rejected Bulldogs offer to extend his contract beyond end of 2016.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fascinating scoop that. I doubt he ends up with us but it's nice to see us interested in a player who should demand biggish money. We'll have both Cronk and Slater off the books after 2016. So we have a lot of $$$$ to spend.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I have a feeling we'll sign someone like Jonathan Wright (Warriors) to play centre. That's not much out there and our juniors aren't really convincing.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:We'll have both Cronk and Slater off the books after 2016.
I doubt it. Slater has been holding out for a two year extension, which he will likely get... and I think Cronk still has a few years in him.

I just hope that Slater's contract value is appropriate moving forward.
David Storm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Hi fellow Storm supporters;
Cameron Munster I think can play centre, winger or five eight as well as being a good fullback already. The Club should try to secure Cameron long term if possible as I see him as being a great utility back and later a specialst in one of those positions especially with the coaching of Billy Slater.

From what I have read Cameron is a student of the game and I like that type of player.

Cameron is 20 years old and 89kg so as he grows and adds weight he will be just fine for the centres in 2016. Centres in my view should be in the 100kg weight area these days. I would be surprised if Cameron is not 95kg by this time next year with weights and growth.

So I do not think it is necessary for the Club to buy a centre for 2016 we have him in the form of one Cameron Munster and potentially one of the best. A spot should be found for Cameron in the 2016 team and I suggest he fill the vacant centre position.

Such money would be well spent securing the long term signing of the 19 year old Nelson Asofa-Solomona who I predict will keep improving with the help of the other Storm Prop forwards and whom has impressed me in 2015. Being 19 Nelson needs to be managed well both mentally and physically.

With Mahe Fonua and Kurt Mann and Travis Robinson all leaving; players like Suliasi Vunivalu, Richie Kennar, Hymel Hunt and Young Tonumaipea who are all still young can gain more experience in the Queensland Cup.

I am pleased to see Matt Duffie playing in the NRL. I have seen him play in the Qld Cup and he has made steadfast progress this year.
Cheers.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Sounds good in theory not buying a centre n just putting Munster there but if bill gets injured next year Munster moves to fullback and then where in the same position as we are in now, storm are chasing a young shark named Curtis Scott who plays centre and fullback, he has a load of potential but I think we need someone with a lot of experience as well..
David Storm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Richie Kennar, Hymel Hunt and Young Tonumaipea could fill in if Billy is not available. If we have dollars to spare then I would prefer to sign Shannon Boyd from the Raiders to strengthen our forward pack.
Cheers.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Pretty happy with our forward pack stock TBH. Would rather use $$ available to upgrade current contracts for some of our young guns (Munster, NAS, Welch) when the time comes. I guess we need to sign someone though or else we'd fall short of fielding a full squad.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rumour today is Richie Kenner is leaving....if this happens I'll be pissed off

Where the f**k are Victorian players meant to get noticed .... All our junior teams are being sent to qld all our development players are being sent to qlds and apparently our 20s are heading the next year too. NOW we lose 2 of the 3 Victorian players we have (I don't care if the are good or shit) and it's just seems that no one is looking after the players left in the VRL

I could give u a list of at least 5 or 6 in the VRL worth watching giving a contract who at the moment could give our storm players a run for the money

Pride Patterson ropati for one ... I know he was on our books way back when and then moved to Newcastle but he came back after his friend passed away and has been killing it in the VRL top try scorer with 15 try's and still going
Richard Ere also a titans
Lehi taomia has stepped up from second grade to first has a 11 try's in second and 3 in the 3 games in 1sts
James uhatafe from the Wolves he is big and strong gets try's stops try's he is amazing and
Jacob poalo is quick and strong..he took 4guys across the line to get a try the other day

I don't know maybe I'm just going stupid but I think storm should really look into anyone in the VRL even if they do only play reserves it would show the others there is a chance
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Someone I know in Sydney messaged me today that the rumour on Sydney radio is Slater has signed a two year deal with the Roosters
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

lol sal

I agree though. .... highly doubtful - though the roosters probably want a new fullback, I just don't see him playing anywhere else. ... that said - Munster has to be in the team next year - question is, move Billy, or move Eddie?
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Who's Eddie?