Hinchy gone

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The whispers were on here and now it's confirmed, Hinchy has signed a 3 year deal with Huddersfield. Has been an excellent servant of the club and wish him the best of luck.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pretty much ditto what you said Ice. Fantastic servant of the club. Punches well above his weight playing in the backrow and always puts his all in.

Hasn't been overly effective for us in recent years and I think this is a good move.

All the best Hinchy.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wow. Just wow. This loss cannot be understated.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

cant get upset with him leaving...he wants to play hooker he has cam in his way...good luck to him ...guess that leaves slade and billy britten left with us as back up to came now
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thanks Hinchy for your years of awesome service. Definitely got the most out of his talent. A tackling machine in defence. Tackled anything that moved along the lines of DJ.

He has been an awesome clubman and knocked back a truckload of dollars from the Eels to stay. Hopefully he is making up for it to an extent with Huddersfield.

He was also very good for us in attack up until a year or two ago when he injured his knee. Before that he was running awesome angles / lines in attack and had some zip.

Hinchy will always be part of the Storm family.

I don't think we can just rely on Griffin and Brittain to back up Cam. We need to recruit or develop someone else. I would be quite happy if we signed Tommy Butterfield from Easts Tigers as a backup. Alternatively we may need to go to NYC (all clubs) to find a young player we can develop. Or maybe Kenny Bromwich could be a back rower who could train up in the position.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Oh hell yeah Tommy would be awesome
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Sad to see Hinchy leaving us. He has always given his all on the playing field. Very dependable and loyal. Next year when I visit Hudds(my husbands family is from there) I will go to a game to see him play.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

All the best Hinchy - hopefully the payday you deserve after knocking back Parra to stay loyal to Melbourne for big unders!

One of those players people will realise how much work he did when he's not in the side... tough as nails. Great clubman for us
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Thank you Ryan. You have more than earned a good package. All the best. Always a Storm Boy
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:cant get upset with him leaving...he wants to play hooker he has cam in his way...good luck to him ...guess that leaves slade and billy britten left with us as back up to came now
i guess than answer the question of who fills that utility role next year. Whats going on with Griffin? Knee still bunged?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:i guess than answer the question of who fills that utility role next year. Whats going on with Griffin? Knee still bunged?
I would question whether we actually need a dedicated utility player on the bench. Particularly next year with the reduction in interchanges, I would think that the best option would be to carry four "true" forwards and utilise the utility that exists with starting players to shuffle mid-game in the event of an injury.

Tohu to centre
Smith to the halves
Kenny B/Tohu to hooker

From what I have seen, I'm not convinced Griffin is first grade material... and that was pre knee issues.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm interested to see how Slade comes back - I actually rate him highly and have stated on here before injuries I think he had the potential to be the next Kiwi hooker, but with the injuries he's had it's an unknown
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

He's been a real warrior for us. I wish him all the best.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

After his efforts the last two weeks I say thank the heavens he's moving on!
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

He might play origin before he goes though. ..