Rd 4 @ North Queensland.

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Brian
Squall
Squall

Ha glad you still have your sense of humor Rod
Monsoon
Monsoon

Nth Qld 3 bench props/2nd rowers - 266 metres

Storm 3 bench props/2nd rowers - 85 metres

We need bench impact

420 tackles but we were never a chance in that townsville heat, hinchy made 50 off the bench!! I appreciate the effort but this is the bellamy effect, its self inflicted, similar to Chelsea in the PL its a try not to lose instead of try to win mentality, they get a lead and they just want to defend it, rather than add to it, a single try in the 2nd half and we win, its not good enough, this isnt 2007 Bellamy most teams are on par with our defence now, we need points!! Back to the drawing board.
Last edited by 1999 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Also surely a power player like Mahe Fonua needs to get a look back into this side, weather its on the wing in Young T's spot or off the bench for Weston in the pack, he needs to be back in the 17. Look what Taumololo done to us tonight, Mahe can be that guy for us.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

God I say the same thing on twitter and get shot down come on here and u guys are saying everything I've been saying....I give up
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Brian wrote:Ha glad you still have your sense of humor Rod
After that performance I need it.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

sallymay wrote:God I say the same thing on twitter and get shot down come on here and u guys are saying everything I've been saying....I give up
Have Storm given us an apology on Twitter yet? They owe us one.

Obviously the Manly game wasn't just an aberration. :evil:
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah tbh you take way MK5's solo try and we only score 10 points.
Slater made a couple poor options in attack but we were poor in the second half.

I don't mind it though as the Cowboys were desperate.

Koroibete's solo though was classic!!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That second half was horrible.

Our forwards got walked over - Scott Bolton was making metres at will ffS!!

Young was very poor - nothing infuriates me more than a winger flying in off his line, and not getting anywhere near making a tackle!!

Weston must have photos of someone to get picked every week. What does he add?

And Smith shouldn't have missed the conversion, but then you can argue he probably could have missed the one he kicked... and JT missed one too, so not the reason we lost
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I still reckon the Knights loss last year was more frustrating but not by much
stormdog
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Lets face it...

Storm don't have the roster we had from 2006 - 2010.. we simply cant compete like we use to... the competition is way to even... cooper is playing injured, Cam smith isnt the new prototype dummy half that is carving the competition i.e issac luke and Segaryo... billy is predictable and makes the wrong decisions...

i use to get really angry about the storm losing and would really dwell on it.. but now i expect it... put it this way... i switched off when we went for the field goal to get up 7... i knew we couldnt win it.... and was not surprised when we lost at all... we arent the storm of old and once the big three leave and bellamy leaves we will be a bottom 4 team... it pains me to say this but its the end of an era....

We need to get rid of young T, he is not a good player at all and offers nothing for us.. way too short... sh*t defensive reads and has no toe at all.... id much rather have Dane Nielsen back because at least he can defend... Young T is horrible..... bring in Hymel Hunt... heard he is carving QLD cup....

Dayne Weston is a drop kick and offers nothing !!!! it makes me so angry when i see him in our team... he does not offer aggression... felise Kaufausi is there for the aggression bellamy even said that... this weston kn0b is stunting the growth of a potential superstar in NAS...

we are going to get beaten by the warriors.. we always do these days... might as well play it in NZ given the amount of warriors supporters that come to the game..
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And who are u....

Yes we aren't as good anymore but whatever

Not sure which games you have been watching but I'd NEVER want Dane back after seeing the crap he has been playing at the dragons
Young is doing alright yes he does some stupid things but not enough to get dropped completely for god sake and as for Hymal hunt he has been playing for the SC Falcons and hasn't got one try yet...if we are changing anyone at least add someone who will get a try like cam Munster Richie Kenner or bloody Mahe Fonua who have like two try's each playing for east tigers

I agree with Dayne he isn't great

As for changeling around the whole team well that's just stupid isn't it

Cooper is injured and so is Blake green I don't know why Bellamy let cooper play and I'm really angry he did

Calm down people it's 2/2 no 0-4
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

In all the frustration last night, I didn't notice that Jesse played 76mins of the possible 85mins (19 Runs - 180 Metres - 48 Tackles - 0 Missed Tackles).

Huge effort J Brom.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The biggest problem I saw last night was our unenthusiastic defense - rarely did we come up more than 5 metres, and frequently we came up just 2-3 metres before sitting back & waiting for the Cowboys' attack to come to us. We gave them far too much room & time to get some running and momentum, and they were constantly making another 5-10 metres after contact because of this. On the rare occasions that we strung two tackles together where we got up in their faces we stopped them for little to no gain, but then on the third tackle we'd revert to waiting for them and they'd end their set on the front foot.

I couldn't believe I was watching an entire half of footy where the message didn't go out (or was completely ignored) about line speed and getting up in their faces to shut down their big guys before they got going. We allowed them to run over the top of us and tire us out. It was another terribly coached game with a lack of enthusiasm from the players.

Once again we were on the wrong end of a game decided by the referees, but we shouldn't have been in a position to lose that game regardless.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

People wont like me saying this, but I think Bellamy's done all he can do with this team. Players just aren't responding to him the way they used to. I'm growing tired of the same problems happening week in week out with this team. Maybe someone with a different philosophy can change things.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:People wont like me saying this, but I think Bellamy's done all he can do with this team. Players just aren't responding to him the way they used to. I'm growing tired of the same problems happening week in week out with this team. Maybe someone with a different philosophy can change things.

I said this last year and got shot down..