Finals Week 1

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

All 5 tries came down the Hoffman/Roberts/Fonua corridor, has been a major concern for a long time and it has finally cost us in a big game, with Hoffman and Roberts leaving we definatly need to rebuild that side for 2015, Hopefully Green & Harris can tighten us right up and slowly push Fonua to the backrow where he belongs.

1. Slater
2. Munster
3. Chambers
4. O'Neill
5. Koroibete
6. Green
7. Cronk
8. J.Bromwich
9. Smith (c)
10. McLean
11. Proctor
12. Harris
13. Hinchcliffe

14. Fonua
15. Asofa-Solomona
16. Learoyd-Lahrs
17. K.Bromwich

Even next year I think we will still only have another mid table type of year unfortunately.

Player of the year - Jesse Bromwich
Best Back - Cooper Cronk
Best Forward - Jesse Bromwich
Most Improved - Mahe Fonua
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

1999 wrote:All 5 tries came down the Hoffman/Roberts/Fonua corridor, has been a major concern for a long time and it has finally cost us in a big game, with Hoffman and Roberts leaving we definatly need to rebuild that side for 2015, Hopefully Green & Harris can tighten us right up and slowly push Fonua to the backrow where he belongs.

1. Slater
2. Munster
3. Chambers
4. O'Neill
5. Koroibete
6. Green
7. Cronk
8. J.Bromwich
9. Smith (c)
10. McLean
11. Proctor
12. Harris
13. Hinchcliffe

14. Fonua
15. Asofa-Solomona
16. Learoyd-Lahrs
17. K.Bromwich

Even next year I think we will still only have another mid table type of year unfortunately.

Player of the year - Jesse Bromwich
Best Back - Cooper Cronk
Best Forward - Jesse Bromwich
Most Improved - Mahe Fonua
Can't argue with any of that. Top post.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Slater with some brain farts today throwing a few useless passes. Starting to creep into his games when we are under pressure
Monsoon
Monsoon

nacho wrote:Slater with some brain farts today throwing a few useless passes. Starting to creep into his games when we are under pressure
Absolutely, he used to be a link man, he either tapped on a quick pass or took the line on directly, now he tends to drift across holding the ball up for way too long then forcing a pass that isnt on, he needs to get back to what he does best, he is not a 5/8.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

tugga wrote:Can't argue with any of that. Top post.
Well....One probably could.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

blazza18 wrote:
Argue it then.
I was talking for myself.
Monsoon
Monsoon

blazza18 wrote:
Love you too Blazza <3
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Also, Proctors ball to the face is a great representation of todays game just couldnt get everyone on the same page
one-eyed
Squall
Squall

What nothing performance by the Storm players today, looked like they were not interested at all.
Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy new Year to you all, cya next year.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

tugga wrote:
blazza18 wrote:
Argue it then.
I was talking for myself.
No matter how hard people want him to be, O'Neill is not a centre. He also hasn't lived up to his potential so I don't agree with him just being put in the team round 1. Kenner, Mann, Munster and Hunt will all push for outside back spots. Mann and Munster should both be in the team no matter what. They need grooming in FG. Mahe is an average first grader, moving him to the bench wont improve us. Hinchy starting again...he's better used off the bench. We also have some younger forwards coming up from the 20s to keep the forward pack on it's heels.

After failing the last 2 seasons it would be nice to see Bellamy think outside the box with his selections.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Out enthused. Rugby League is a simple game. Whoever turns up ready to smash usually does.
Can't see a heap of improvement next year. Mclean ran hard today & will be more consistent next year. O'neill & Hampton need to lift their games. Munster & Mann will get a few games but still developing. Garbutt & Moors should have had more shots over the past two years. Bellamy really wasted them. Hate to say it but Bellamy needs to work on his game too. See you guys next year.
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Storm need to rethink and regroup etc agree. But
I really believe the coach and main group of players have relaxed alot after winning our last grand final.
Our coach used to explode if we put in a performance like that at half time. I mean these guys have been at the top for so long. And with us being one of the only teams under the cap makes it tough.
I love my Melbourn storm no matter what and all good runs come to an end. But I have some great memories of the past 9 years from these guys. Against all odds we dominated.
Have a great break to all my fellow storm army of supporters
I will continue to enjoy reading all the posts in the
Off season.
Take care
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:No matter how hard people want him to be, O'Neill is not a centre.

Hinchy starting again...he's better used off the bench.
These two points are spot on. We should have chalked these lessons up in 2013 but persisted this year.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Wasn't able to watch the game, looks like I saved myself from a bit of embarrassment. I've been pretty positive this whole season but gee it would have been hard for even me to spin something good from a 24-0 first half. Sums up our season I suppose. When we've been presented with golden opportunities we haven't taken them.

Should have a good representation in the 4 Nations teams so I guess that is something to look forward to. Good luck to all of the players who played their last game for us today. Hope they move on to bigger and better things with their new clubs.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

blazza18 wrote:No matter how hard people want him to be, O'Neill is not a centre. He also hasn't lived up to his potential so I don't agree with him just being put in the team round 1. Kenner, Mann, Munster and Hunt will all push for outside back spots. Mann and Munster should both be in the team no matter what. They need grooming in FG. Mahe is an average first grader, moving him to the bench wont improve us. Hinchy starting again...he's better used off the bench. We also have some younger forwards coming up from the 20s to keep the forward pack on it's heels.

After failing the last 2 seasons it would be nice to see Bellamy think outside the box with his selections.
:thumbup: