Round 26 Storm v Broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Honestly would rather finish 6th and play the Dogs than finish 5th and play Auckland.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We are such a frustrating team to watch this season. Big win though. Hopefully Cam's ankle is alright and we give this premiership a real crack.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

riders of the storm wrote:Anyone know why the boys are wearing yellow arm bands?
the game was played tonight in honour of men who have or have had cancer." Kick for a Million"allowed a member to have a kick at goal for a $million. If successful $100,000 was going to Cancer Council and kicker got $900,000. Great concept by the club.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mahe silencing the doubters in a massive way tonight. I thought his one on one defence was extrodinary and the strength in ball carrying in the air and on the ground was a game clincher.

I also thought McLean is finding his feet very quickly and hopefully trying to mimic JB's rise to the top
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:
Insomniac wrote:The thing is that the mistakes and dumb play are all coming from Cronk, Smith and Slater! What the hell has happened to them!?!
Umm no. Slater made a couple of mistakes, but How about Chambers, Mahe and Ben f_ing Roberts?
To clarify, I don't mean normal handling errors and the like that will always happen - I was referring to a lack of patience and pushing unnecessary passes or throwing wayward passes (that's 2 from Smith in 2 weeks that led to opposition tries and a big swing in momentum on both occasions), poor kicking options (how many times has Cronk kicked it into opposition players' legs or straight through to a defender in the last few weeks?), and just a general lack of concentration from our more experienced players that are normally so reliable.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Agree 100%, the big 3 went missing after Cronks try, and only some induvidual brilliance from Fonua and some real hard work by the engine room kept us ahead, if they go missing like that again next week we will be at mad monday really quick, tough win, but we can play better. Fonua McLean and Hoffy the 3 best on ground!
cayal
Squall
Squall

Broncos defence was pretty damn impressive tonight.

The 20,000 crowd got us home though. It was loud tonight.

Hopefully Cam is ok for next week.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well played Fonua. He had no right to score that try to break the deadlock but took a brilliant overhead catch and beat four Broncos defenders on his way to the line.

Forgetting that though, he is always the first one to put his hand up for a run when we are coming out of our 20m. At one point Korobiete got driven back almost in goal. He had a slow play the ball so the Broncos defenders could get off their line quickly... and Fonua makes 15 metres, getting us on the front foot. Outstanding stuff Mahe.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

by the way, how the heck does Mahe out sprint Barba!?
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Can understand Barba with his extra weight this year but to beat Maranta as easily as he did is no mean feat
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

we need to re-sign fonua, he's improved steadily all year and is now showing what a good player he'll be long term.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mahe has taken up the option and is staying next year but yes we need to re-sign him for longer

Thank lima lima lima duck George Rose is leaving...he made his bed he can lay in it...can't stand the guy anymore
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:Thank *lima lima lima duck* George Rose is leaving...he made his bed he can lay in it...can't stand the guy anymore
Did I miss something tonight regarding Rose?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

After Mahe's intercept, it was entertaining to see Bellamy's utter elation turn to bright red rage when Mahe delayed putting the ball down :lol:

To be fair I was also screaming "PUT THE F***ING BALL DOWN!!!".

Mahe had it under control, he was just toying with us ;)
cayal
Squall
Squall

I was the same. Mainly because he hadn't done anything stupid at that point that losing the ball would have been a Mahe thing to do