Round 19 vs Canberra Raiders

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

If we lose this game it is pretty likely it is going to be season over and the boys may as well think about what Mad Monday costume to wear after Round 26. If we can’t beat lowly Canberra, Bellyache needs to think long and hard about:

1. Changing his game plan: It doesn’t work anymore, the rule changes have basically told us that. Look at Manly, they are still at the top and they are playing “real” rugby league, not this structured, one dimensional, predictable hit and carry with a few set plays here and there which most teams had worked out years ago. LET THEM PLAY HOW RUGBY LEAGUE SHOULD BE PLAYED!

2. Working on a recruitment plan: For too long we’ve relied on late 20s-early 30s players who are toilers. We need to be ruthless in the off season about recruitment. Not so much like Easts who just go and buy a premiership, but we need a team with a real mix of big quality outside backs, monster and smaller hard working forwards who aren’t afraid of getting their hands dirty, and making sure we have a decent five-eighth (hopefully Blake Green is the answer to this next year).

3. Why we are kicking on the third tackle???

I really don’t know who is going to win this weekend, but since Canberra have beaten us at home for the last three consecutive years and also this year in Canberra, I just hope we turn up and put in a decent performance.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

It just got worse. We have Shane Hayne as the ref.
one-eyed
Squall
Squall

Not Shame Hayne?? We have been handicapped already.
toffee
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Any inside goss from training? I hope Bellamy gives MK another chance,
Although I don't know if I'm being pedantic, but I noticed in the video of the recent coach corner that MK doesn't appear to have a playing bib on? Whereas other squad members have 1-17 bibs on? Any indication from this?
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd be surprised if Marika doesn't get another run this week.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I didn't go to training but my friend did and she said Craig Bellamy was chatting for a verrrry long time to Nelson...not even sure what that means haha

But she also said Sisa Mahe Will Kurt were wings and centres and Marika and Justin were in green

Ben Hampton was training and Roberts was in green (lol I've taught this girl well)

The big 4 didn't train
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sally is green usually the players that miss out? Because Mahe played very well in first grade and Hampton from what I read wasn't much to write home about in reserves so be a surprise if Roberts was dropped.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep green is nsw cup orange is possible reserves but could be playing...Dayne Weston was apparently wearing orange

I hope no one from the club reads this and changes the way they do things at training lol
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

If Hampton and Waqa are playing I officially give up on season 2014.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wonder which of Hampton or Roberts Cronk feels is better in the halves with him...

Either way, I'll be extremely disappointed if we don't see the same lineup as last week run out - with an extra week of training together (and against a lower quality opposition) surely we'd win with a similar effort (which is most of the battle with our side this year).
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

If Marika isn't playing (unless he's injured) this week, then Bellyache is starting to lose it as a coach. He was one of our best for us last week in only his first game since R1 when he was still at Balmain Wests Tigpies.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mattstormy wrote:If Marika isn't playing (unless he's injured) this week, then Bellyache is starting to lose it as a coach. He was one of our best for us last week in only his first game since R1 when he was still at Balmain Wests Tigpies.
I think Korobiete definitely deserves another shot for sure (it wasn't exactly a free flowing, open game which would suit Marika). Especially as Waqa needs to get fit and re-establish some confidence.

But, I thought Korobiete was average last week.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bellamy started to lose it a while ago to be truthful.

From all reports both Sisa and Hampton had shockers last week. You'd have to question how they deserve a first grade spot. It's not like we got smashed last week either.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Blaz, you're not wrong. Neither of them looked like reserve grade players, let alone first grade players.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bloody BS penalty on last tackle from Hayne gives Raiders a try.