R18 - Melbourne vs Canterbury-Bankstown

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

Slater was woeful and he did bomb a certain try, Koro showed some potential but he was average on afew crucial plays, Mann & Chambers went MIA, Fonua was pretty good tonight I thought although if he went for the corner when he got held up instead of trying to bulldoze Brown he scores, Roberts was hot & cold, Cronk was ok and will be better for the run, Smith tried his heart out but undid all of it by not backing himself and the team at the end, the forwards got dirty and matched it with the dogs giant pack, Moors and Norrie the pick.

Such a crucial crucial game, with a bye to freshen up and most our team back on deck this was do or die, and like most of 2014, we have just havnt been able to deliver that killer blow.

Also are we the only team in history who never wins home penalty counts? Cam needs to get in the refs ear, seems to work for the ennis and farahs of the world!

We play a lowly Canberra next week but they also love to upset us at home, O'Neill and Waqa proberbly come back in, and based off form in the lower grades Asofa-Solomona and Munster must be pressing for selection too, it will be an interesting week and a definate must win now.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

bula wrote:Not too dissapointed with tonight's game. We defended well and attack wasn't great but I put that down to the dogs and a wet track.
We got beat plain and simple.
MK did well I thought. Good Impact in the tackle which I expected but not enough ball to our left.
Roberts had a mixed night but he made a couple breaks and looked good just running the ball. Wish Cronk would've gone left more to Mann and Koroibete.

Don't lose faith guys we got beat tonight. A few bad decisions but a step in the right direction overall.
I also do not think the the overweight chanteuse has began her vocalizing.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It is not obvious how important TH, JB and KP are to our success. KP was in everything tonight but was unlucky that alot of what he did was answered by the dogs defender. JB and TH, from watching them live, were quiet (not sure on stats) by their standards. there were a few times JB would run to the line and then pass off to norrie for the hit up, some uncharacteristic like things which probably played to the dogs advantage.

Also what logic was behind our last set? 60 seconds left, ball in hand with 3 tackles to go so we send up a kick? wtf? Alot of early kicks with no pressure to capitalise on them.

Thought Roberts was brilliant, and Cronk in the shadows
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote: * P.S.: Thanks Sallymay for the follow on Twitter.

No problem lol ignore half my tweets and get to the ones that make sense to u...I ramble a lot lol
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I really think too many players are relying on cooper cam and billy to make the big plays to win...it time to step up and win it themselves
toffee
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I agree with what everyone else has said. I've been a big fan of Moors since his days at the tigers and seeing him play like he has the past few weeks makes me wonder why it's taken Bellamy so long to give him a go. Also, I know he was backing up, it Will chambers during origin ran the ball as hard and straight as I've ever seen him do. Yet last night there was none of that same gusto, anyway, onwards and upwards, hopefully!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

One last thing for years we have been saying that Cam's goalkicking would cost us a match. It did last night, he shouldn't miss that conversion.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

just disgusted with the whole game!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

While it was disappointing to lose, the Bulldogs defence was very good. I was particularly impressed with Drury Low.
cayal
Squall
Squall

That was frustrating to watch, but I'm pretty sure we drop about 40 on a Sharks team or some lesser team. The Bulldogs defence was amazing and full credit to them.

We are a different team with Cronk in as well. I have more faith in our finals chances now than I did before.

Not sure why Cam chose to kick a penalty though. We were pressing and pressing. Eventually it had to break.

Why did Sisa not play?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He was dropped
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i thought it was probably Fonua's best defensive game by some margin
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Credit where it's due the Bulldogs defended exceptionally well, as did we. Hate to say that Graham responded well to all the booing that he deservedly got.

Proctor looked good again with a genuine halfback inside him. Fonua had a good game under the highball and played well defensively, I think he should stay on that right wing. Don't think Robert's played badly at all. Kicking early in the count at that stage is always going to be controversial but if it came off it's a match winner and let's face it our attack wasn't going through them in the last minute of the game.

There were some poor decisions from our experienced players and this is probably the last week we can afford to excuse them for it. I firmly believe we have a team that can challenge in the finals but we need to start winning these games. This year we have lost too many games which we should have won, while winning games that we could have lost.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1999 wrote: Roberts was hot & cold
:lol: If Hampton played how Roberts did last night you'd be starting another thread about dropping him. He was ordinary.
Monsoon
Monsoon

blazza18 wrote:
1999 wrote: Roberts was hot & cold
:lol: If Hampton played how Roberts did last night you'd be starting another thread about dropping him. He was ordinary.
Ben Hampton threw the ball over the sideline 3 times in NSW cup last night, whats your point?