Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Geez you wouldn't say no would you?
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 wrote:
bula wrote:
Inglis#3 wrote:Marika Koroibete set to sign with us in the next few days according to zerotackle.
OMG tell me you're not lying!
I wouldn't perjure myself on The Bai Stand mate. Marcus Bai #2?
They do share similarities. Koroibete is a gifted runner. Good tackler, bad at reading a defense.
If he does come and Bellamy can teach him to read a defense, he'll be awesome. Then again, we have a few wingers who can't seem to nail that down.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Can't help but feel that he would come here and just waste away in reserves like quite a few other players we've bought over the last few years. Which is fine if he comes cheap but I wouldn't want to be spending a first grade players salary on someone who is not going to play much first grade
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I didn't realise he was only 21. Makes me hope this rumour is true even more now.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Only played 16 games, hope we're not throwing the kitchen sink at him. I worry over how much we may be paying Travis Robinson after 9 NRL games and whose only real chance at first grade appears to be by default.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Marika has so much potential and is being wasted in reserve grade. I really hope we sign him, one of my favourite players and if taught how to read a defense, sky's the limit for him.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No way his 21...

He was also friends with Sisa at the would cup cause I remember Sisa introduce him to me when I saw him after their first game...pretty sure he said they were roomies in the first week
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Someone tell sisa to talk us up to him then
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Personal information
Born 26 June 1992 (age 21)
Navaiyawa, Fiji
Height 180 cm (5 ft 11 in)
Weight 93 kg (14 st 9 lb)
Playing information
Position Wing
Club
Years Team Pld T G FG P
2012– Wests Tigers 16 12 0 0 48
Representative
Years Team Pld T G FG P
2013–2014 Fiji 6 0 0 0 0
As of 4 May 2014
Source: RLP League Central
Marika Koroibete (born 26 July 1992) is a Fijian professional rugby league footballer for the Wests Tigers of the National Rugby League. He primarily plays wing. Some pundits consider him the fastest player in the NRL.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Watched him play NSW Cup the other week and he killed them. So hoping these rumors are true
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Story on SMH website is we are hoping to get Koroibete before June 30.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Don't doubt that one bit. We'll definitely be pushing to sign someone before June 30, like we did in our premiership year of 2012.

I can't remember, we didn't end up signing someone mid season last year, did we?
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We got Weston but he didn't play first grade. I think because of the 2nd tier salary cap.

On to that... How have we managed to get into a situation where we have only 2 halves in our top 25 but signed 3 halves in the pre-season who are now all deemed to be part of the 2nd tier cap (as far as I can understand). Thats not the type of management that I've come to expect from the Storm especially as one of our top tier halves was largely untested.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Given our 2nd tier salary cap issues I am not sure how signing Koroibete before 30 June helps us this year.

Having said that I am quite happy to sign him for the future.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

unless the plan is to put sisa in for his surery if we can get a capable backup