Official thread and signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:We really need a smilie that is hanging himself at times like these...
this is the most self harm smiley i could find.... :banghead:
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

lol@Mortimer...... I would've thought he'd be a good pick up a few years ago - but now? No thanks.

Cheers for the stats too......really surprised there wasn't a significant drop one week.....just goes to show watching the game doesn't always mean you know how everyone went. And Sisa has been more up and down, rather than recently tapering off....Interesting stuff!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

sallymay wrote:Omg apparently we are in talks with Daniel Mortimer

I think storm should just concentrate on keeping Ben and Cody
How much is Mortimer offering Storm to come and play for them?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lol
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Zerotackle reporting that Josh McCrone is being shopped to Storm now. Got a feeling we're going to be linked to every half on the market for a while.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Aw crap I think Bellamy will sign him because he seems like a good system player.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would not be against McCrone, He's 27 though so I think he would be looking for a big deal at this stage in his career
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd love to know why we just aren't putting faith into the players we have. It's not like any of our halve combinations have gotten a fair crack at it. One hasn't even been given a chance yet after consistently being the best player in the Q cup the last few seasons.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Maybe we're hitting the panic button a bit with all of the injuries we've had in the halves this year, including to the younger players that were meant to provide depth in those positions... we are currently in need of backups for our backups.

I'm sure Cody would've been given a shot in first grade already had it not been for his untimely injury.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

If we're to sign any half I'd have to say Daniel Mortimer would be our best option.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Lodge gone to the Tigers.
Matt Lodge, the Melbourne prop who created headlines when he was suspended for scrawling a profanity on his wrist strapping, has joined Wests Tigers.

Lodge has been identified as a player of great promise, making the 2013 NYC team of the year despite being missing a chunk of the season with a knee injury. The 110kg teen is considered one of the best young props in the game and will join the club on an immediate release this week.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Have we released Lodge to open up a spot on our list for another half?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:Have we released Lodge to open up a spot on our list for another half?
possibly...maybe

but also possibly/maybe because despite his reputed talent...he also sounded and acted like he might have been a giant knobhead
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Was a knobhead racist and has a bad attitude that's just my opinion
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:Was a knobhead racist and has a bad attitude that's just my opinion
well if that's true sallymay...then that is fine reason to cut the knobhead loose...

our Club will be a better and stronger Club without knobheads...