Storm - Auckland 9s Side

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Team took the second game more seriously.I think 1st game we were unlucky to lose,Commentators nearly cried when we won(so some things never change). I think tomorrow Storm will be hard to beat.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Will Chambers has been immense. He's showing some fantastic footwork and strength - reminds me a lot of Justin Hodges back before he was really injury-riddled.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

So According to my Maths, if we beat St George by 15, then it doesn't matter what happens in the following Panthers Rabbits Match, we will go through to to Quarters. That is worked out for the worst case scenario of the Panthers losing by 1.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Pleasing to secure a win today and in the process quieten the commentators who wouldn't stop criticizing our side. Should've had two triumphs though, in our first game it seemed like the entire team barring Chambers had yet to wake up but we still only lost by a very narrow margin.

Will be brilliant if we manage to advance to the finals tomorrow. If a few more of the boys step up then I believe we can.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I did like the Victorian influence in the last try. Tonumaipeia saves the try at one end and Fonua steals the ball and scores at the other. Go the Big V!
Blotto
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

All Teams will be a lot better tomorrow. Though I expect to see Warriors. Penrith & Eels to be in the SF's on todays performances. I think Storm will be in the mix if the desire is there, fighting to claim an SF place with several other Teams who will also step up performances.
Stormkiwi
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Was watching the Storm train on Friday and can tell you that they defiantly haven't prepared for the nines haha. They were just running normal league/union drills. A player from the club also told me that they had one training session before coming over which means the team had 3 training sessions for the nines. Doesn't surprise me as the focus should be on the NRL. Warriors will choke in the league season.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So according to the Storm's twitter - Romelo and Juzzy aren't playing today and J Brom is.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

O'Neill has knee stiffness and swelling and Romelo has a subluxed finger and hand swelling.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I have noticed in a couple of spots this year "William Chambers". Has Will reverted to his full first name? He has always just been Will up until this stage.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Back to the crap from the first game from yesterday. And Garbutt keeps us in it.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

After a terrible first half for the most part, Mitch Garbutt scores a ripper after half time siren. Started 10 metres out from our own line involved Kennar, Duffie, Harris, Chambers and Garbutt. Garbutt ran about 60 metres. Sisa converted from sideline. Half time Dragons 8 - 6.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

We deserved to lose. Harris and Garbutt our best.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Safe to say Ryan Hoffman should never be near a 9s side again, added zero, and his good old fumbly hands are back. Poor performance all round apart from Tohu.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Harris & Garbutt were our best. Will was good when he was given ball but his touches in our final game were limited which really hurt us.