Storm vs Titans 4/9 AAMI park 530pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

No chance that my CHAMPION TEAM will take it easy this week. I expect a big score from Storm this week.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

54-4 Melbourne over the tits

FTS Dave Taylor
LTS Jason Ryles
MoM Cameron Smith
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

Well, the Rooters have won and taken out the shield. How hard do we want our boys to go this week. ie, who do we want to play next week? Watching the game I think I'd rather us play the Rooters. I reckon the Bunnies will be smarting after that result and, look out whoever they play. Let Manly and the Rabbits smash each other to pieces, I like our chances MORE against the other Sydney mob.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wasn't really fussed who we played before tonight but if i had a preference I'd have taken the Rabbits as i just think we have their measure. That's not to say I'm not confident against the Roosters, if we play anywhere near our best then I'm sure we'll get the win

Bellyache is a master of formulating plans to isolate the oppositions most important players in the big games and our blokes are just as good as executing those plans. I'd expect their halves will be under very close scrutiny next week from as they had decent games tonight but in saying that they're vulnerable under pressure. SBW is obviously always a threat but if you shut down their halves they dont have many if any other tricks up their sleeve.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

When we play well I'm confident we can beat any team in the comp.
So all we have to do is play well.
GO STORM!!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Personally, I recon this week the NRL will announce the Sharks in eligibility to play finals, which will most likely promote Warriors into 8th.
This will be our biggest threat in this finals series.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If that were to happen the Warriors would still have to beat the Dragons to sneak in otherwise the Tits would get 8th. Though i don't reckon the NRL would announce in in the week of the finals, then again stranger things have happened.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well, if we can beat the Titans then it stands to reason that we can beat the Rorters next week...
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Any news on if any players will be rested ?
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I would hope not after that BS last week.

I hope Glasby gets another run though - I must say I see huge potential there, Glasby/McLean are going to be awesome for us over the next few years, just hope we can keep them!
storm77
Squall
Squall

I would much rather play the roosters as I don't like our chances of beating a team as good as Souths in 3 straight games so I am hoping we can avoid them until the grand final or until week 3 when we can get them in Melbourne.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would prefer souths.

Looking at their outside backs I dont see them as much as a threat compared to roosters who have mini playing pretty good footy, topuo and TVS.

Souths have merrit who i believe is a defensive liability, a bunch of youngsters who are good but not finals conditioned and then GI who is hit and miss

Both teams boast powerful forward packs and somewhat decent halfs
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storm77 wrote:I would much rather play the roosters as I don't like our chances of beating a team as good as Souths in 3 straight games so I am hoping we can avoid them until the grand final or until week 3 when we can get them in Melbourne.
We beat them a couple of times last year as well with their team pretty much the same as now. I don't think it's any coincidence either, we exploit their weaknesses very well and again target their main players (Reynolds, Inglis etc). Take them out of the game and as Nacho mentioned their outside backs aren't that formidable and even less so when players like Reynolds, Inglis and Sutton are taken out of the game.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You only have to rush up Reynolds to nullify him, cannot pass l>r to save his life.

Sutton pretty much the same, he can pass but he doesn't have quick hands to beat a rushing defence.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Making easy meters early r the tits.