Rd 25 storm vs manly brookvale sat 31/8 7.30pm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

best we get our crap game out of the way now. will horo go for the knees into Juzzy`s back.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

how does the walking landing pad Rose still get a game,he did nothing.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would prefer to play like that now rather than in two weeks time.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Horrible first half from us. Line speed was a big problem. When Blair came back in at centre, his effort to get in the face of his opposite was his best asset. Tonight he sat on his heels and was constantly burnt.

Taking nothing away from Manly who were outstanding.

Our forwards need to *lima lima lima duck* lift. Have some pride FFS! Soft runs, getting driven back almost EVERY *lima lima lima duck* tackle. Our effort in general just wasn't there tonight. Every time there was a loose ball, Manly were much more desperate to get to it. Other than the effort, particularly in the opening 20, I'm not overly concerned.

Glenn Stewart's dive should see that cat suspended. Worse than most soccer dives I have seen. What a fat pussy.
Spot on as usual mate.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

YEP - They played 'inventive' & won - We played boring,crap & lost :(

End of - Move on.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
toffee
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Does it pi@@ anyone else off that some players after the game don't even seem bothered that we lost? laughing and smiling whilst shaking hands, ordinary effort, although taking nothing away from Manly, far too good and I wish we had as much heart and showed as much aggression as they did.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Didn't turn up with our usual attitude and effort tonight and as a result we received the fate we deserved. The last few easy wins definitely didn't prepare us for the ambush we were given by Manly either. Lets just leave this one behind and focus on next week where a win is imperative to go into the finals with some momentum.
Monsoon
Monsoon

We missed 21 tackles tonight, 17 of them were from FOUR players

Hoffman - 5
Finch - 4
Blair - 4
O'Neill - 4

Rest of the team - 4

The lack of effort by afew has hurt the team as a whole, this is a team game, we cant win with only 9 players putting in, im glad bellyache noticed it by hooking hoff and switching chambers with blair, unfortunately it was too late by then. I thought the young guys showed up the old heads tonight in the pack, and i think Slater was the only back who performed anywhere near the standards we have set as a club. Shocking game and unfortunately i think that might be a dagger in 2013. Next week do we maybe bring back in Hampton, Fonua, Garbutt & Glasby and swing the axe???
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

These slow starts have haunted us again. Been that way all season and it finally got us. Not sure what the problem is. Maybe bench a forward or two and give McLean and Tohu a start. Hinchy is doing very little since is injury too. Remember how well he was playing beforehand ?
one-eyed
Squall
Squall

Just wish our worst game hadn't been when we played the Manly-Scum
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Looks like O'Neill out for a while according to Bellamy. Fonua has to step up and lose his silly mistakes.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hows Duffy travelling? That left defense is so bad at times.
I like Fonua but I think Duffy adds another dimension to our redzone attack.
I'm not too fussed. Manly had a point to prove as they hadnt beaten a top 4 side all year.

Lets just cop it on the chin and let Bellamy do his thing.
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

Watching the highlights (read lowlights) it's very hard to blame edge defenders when the whole team does not slide across. (Make it clear, I'm not a fan of J.O.) For whatever reason Melbourne cannot (will not?) slide left to right. Notice with each of the wide tries scored by Manly there were multiple overlaps of Manly players. Melbournes edge defenders have no choice but to come inboard by one, two or three players when our up and in defenders get caught out and don't slide. Ideally, winger should be marking winger, centre marking centre and so on. The centre had to keep drifting in field as there was nobody else and as a result the winger follows. If this doesn't happen every try gets scored closer to the posts and maybe that sook-a-baby Lyon scores more conversions. Well done by Manly though, drag the ball left and quick shift to the right, template no doubt to be followed by other teams in future weeks. $hit result for us, hopefully we can get back to third and play the Rabbits first week of the finals.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Well that was better than expected,Kite still ramming it up Bellamy about his pissweak call while SOO coach, the "Snail" with a double,that game was very unMelbournelike

head up guys and good luck in your campaign,I don't know what to make of that,Smith was well below his standards tonight though,which is still way above most hookers Ballin included,I wouldn't put too much credence into that result,Abbaration I'd presume nothing more

Best of luck til we meet again
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Very sporty of you Chez.I am not too upset by that game.We haven`t had any real competition in the last 4 weeks so I think we were a little soft but I think we will be ready for the finals.

What is wrong with Juzzy? did the knees in his back from horo do some real damage?