Rd 24: Storm vs Eels - Aami Park Sunday 25th August

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Turtle188 wrote:Just saw on Twitter by Easts that Garbett is out and Fonua in.
Turtle188 Glasby is out not Garbutt.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Scooter wrote:
Turtle188 wrote:Just saw on Twitter by Easts that Garbett is out and Fonua in.
Turtle188 Glasby is out not Garbutt.
Mmmmm...at least both their names start with G. Bloody dyslexia!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And Ben played too
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tim Glasby in for Tohu Harris
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hope it's just to rest him up.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Alright, who's the nozza fan? :P

Shoddy first half, those refs like the sound of their own voices and whistles!

I usually watch the game with a pair of cooper cronk tinted glasses on, but this has easily been his worst kicking performance for a long time....even the kicks that have produced results have been substandard (at least by super coopers lofty standards)
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Well, who needs to have a good kicking game lol

It must be said, parramatta are absolutely awful...that mob of overpaid losers (i mean that in the literal sense..back to back spoons?) probably cost big steve kearney any future as an nrl coach, when the problem is obviously their own...bloody disgraceful!

Anyway, gotta love the hunger and desire of the boys to get the sword out and use it without hesitation (so to speak) so glad big tim got over the line...i thought the hospital pass from cooper along with his debut game (it was poor) may have knocked some confidence away - I think his reaction (celebration? :P) said it best. Great backup play by K-Brom (according to ch.9 commentary he was signed before jesse? This I did not know) In fact all forwards were epic!

I could watch that second half over and over! Now time to demoralize manly!
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I want to know how they can justify airing this match on free-to-air, but not the Manly game.

Parramatta will be wooden spooners at least two seasons in a row, they shouldn't get air time.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

KimmorleyKiller wrote:I want to know how they can justify airing this match on free-to-air, but not the Manly game.

Parramatta will be wooden spooners at least two seasons in a row, they shouldn't get air time.
Because Channel Nine pick their games...?
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Outstanding effort to pile on 60 points for the second time in just a few weeks - only the fifth team of all time to have scored 60 or more twice in a season. Also how good has Slater been, I'll reiterate what I said last week - he's in his best form since he sustained an injury in Origin game two last year.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

KingHoweofIsrael wrote:Well, who needs to have a good kicking game lol

It must be said, parramatta are absolutely awful...that mob of overpaid losers (i mean that in the literal sense..back to back spoons?) probably cost big steve kearney any future as an nrl coach, when the problem is obviously their own...bloody disgraceful!

Anyway, gotta love the hunger and desire of the boys to get the sword out and use it without hesitation (so to speak) so glad big tim got over the line...i thought the hospital pass from cooper along with his debut game (it was poor) may have knocked some confidence away - I think his reaction (celebration? :P) said it best. Great backup play by K-Brom (according to ch.9 commentary he was signed before jesse? This I did not know) In fact all forwards were epic!

I could watch that second half over and over! Now time to demoralize manly!
I hope you are right. Parramatta are a good warm up for a red hot manly

Ricky Stuart will suffer the same fate as Mooks next year if he doesnt meet set criteria. There was a report in one of the Sydney papers a while back. You'd think if Parra don't make the 8 next Year Stuart's NRL coaching career will be over
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Just watching the replay. Given the score and how many ads Channel Nein are playing every time we score this will probably finish at about 8 tonight. But then I suppose we're supposed to just be thankful that they're showing it. Jeez I hate 9
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I could hook you up with some handy information via pm (that goes to anyone...i think i've sent one already?)
Last edited by KingHoweofIsrael on Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Nothing more than a training run in the end. Parra are lucky we were off out game for 40 minutes.

Parra are seriously embarrassing.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

LESStar58 wrote:Ricky Stuart will suffer the same fate as Mooks next year if he doesnt meet set criteria. There was a report in one of the Sydney papers a while back. You'd think if Parra don't make the 8 next Year Stuart's NRL coaching career will be over

Well, they were talking about a possible move to the Raiders for Sticky - of course that was followed by them saying that the Raiders had denied it (i think i heard $7million over 5 or 7 years or something equally stupid?) I'd be taking that in a heartbeat. Go back 'home', take all their money and get as far away as possible from the Eels.