ORIGIN I

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storming wrote:GO BLUES! hoffy played better than i thought he would. loved the fight, its origin and its what everyone wants to see
So that makes it alright then ?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would call it three cheap shots, not a "fight".

If that was Hodges doing the EXACT same thing to a Blues player, they would scream bloody murder.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:I would call it three cheap shots, not a "fight".

If that was Hodges doing the EXACT same thing to a Blues player, they would scream bloody murder.
Oh no doubt lol. Love how Blues fans see nothing wrong and say its ok because Myles is a grub. Gallen clearly had intent to do something to Myles and he only gets a week.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I thought Hodges was back to his best. I've always considered him an overrated player, but last night he was pretty good.
Boyd is a passenger, has been for a while. Played ok last year but nothing any other winger couldn't do. Last night he blew an opportunity to pass to Slater on his inside. Instead he got greedy and got driven into touch. A try at that stage in the 1st half could've made a huge difference to QLD's enthusiasm. His try was merely a catch and fall effort.
Perhaps Ben Barba or Justin O'Neil may debut on Boyd's wing in game 2???
DCE should've been named on bench considering JT wasn't 100%.
I thought Coops was ok considering the QLD forwards got smashed. And each time he did kick nobody chased or could take a clean catch. Slater was obstructed by Maloney on every kick chase, got penalized once.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

yourhero wrote:I would call it three cheap shots, not a "fight".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jJbMKEi_r0
heres your cheap shots, not 2 guys face to face.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storming wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jJbMKEi_r0
heres your cheap shots, not 2 guys face to face.
Nothing wrong with most of them... If putting your head down when going in for a tackle is illegal, then Dallas Johnson is the biggest cheap shot merchant of all time. But it's not and obviously he is not.

And which part of Gallens uppercut to Myles when being help in a tackle by two Blues players was "face to face"???
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

On Sterlo he reckoned he was hard done by for copping the week and showed absolutely no remorse whatsoever.
He went on to say they shouldn't show the footage in the promos blah, blah, blah.

What the grub fails to realise is he was reported and suspended for the swinging arm in the tackle, not the couple he put on Myles afterwards. That should've been dealt with infield by way of 10mins, as is always the case be it origin or club.

Mal has an appointment with Daniel Anderson to discuss the matter. This meeting should've taken place prior to judiciary.
He has to say its ok to box on field or Shayne Hayne should be dropped and Gallen forced to do time for the punches.
If its a green light to punch ups on field then game 2 could get real nasty.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea that is one thing that annoys me with Gallen. He thinks he can do no wrong.

Said the same thing on the footy show last night.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Go Storm wrote:On Sterlo he reckoned he was hard done by for copping the week and showed absolutely no remorse whatsoever.
He went on to say they shouldn't show the footage in the promos blah, blah, blah.

What the grub fails to realise is he was reported and suspended for the swinging arm in the tackle, not the couple he put on Myles afterwards. That should've been dealt with infield by way of 10mins, as is always the case be it origin or club.

Mal has an appointment with Daniel Anderson to discuss the matter. This meeting should've taken place prior to judiciary.
He has to say its ok to box on field or Shayne Hayne should be dropped and Gallen forced to do time for the punches.
If its a green light to punch ups on field then game 2 could get real nasty.
If that punchup was ok then why was Storm/womanly punch up so sensationalized.
I thought for sure half pint should have been sent off on Wed night cos after the melee was stopped he went back for more and threw a couple on a unprepared Myles.
PLEASE drop shayne hayne.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Gordy's been binned (Qld), Brett White (NSW) was binned when he dropped Steve Price. They generally always do. It's considered collateral damage to revving up their side and trying to intimidate the other.
NSW was given a free kick, which is bullshit.
I can't believe no QLD players didn't do the same thing soon after. Would've had to be the same outcome.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Jennings was binned last year for running in a throwing punches. He was not binned because it was in NSW and he is the NSW captain. If is was another player or if it was in a different state, there most likely would have be a sin bin.

In the replays of the first swinging arm, the ref is in the shot only a few metres away and he did not call it. That is the shot that the free was given for and what he got a week for. If the refs do there job, the punch might not have happened. Or if Miles stays done like Hayne does, then the punch does not have happen.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I bet if Myles had've thrown a few back they both would've been binned.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:I bet if Myles had've thrown a few back they both would've been binned.
Definitely. Which is stupid in itself.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:You don't think Hodges played well? I must have been watching a different game. He was one of QLDs better players.
I didn't say he didn't play well, I said he wasn't 100%!! and I think you have to be to play origin,and I still think that someone else playing at 100% could have made a difference.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Rose Madder wrote:
yourhero wrote:You don't think Hodges played well? I must have been watching a different game. He was one of QLDs better players.
I didn't say he didn't play well, I said he wasn't 100%!! and I think you have to be to play origin,and I still think that someone else playing at 100% could have made a difference.
I thought Hodges played really well whether he was 100% or not. As I've said before I think he's overrated anyway and that probably was the best we're likely to see from him.
Apparently Luke Lewis had a virus and he had a great game for NSW.
I do know what your saying Rose and you are right. If someone's not 100% match fit then they could be a liability when everyone's counting on them.
I reckon, in light of JT's illness earlier in the week, DCE should've been named on the bench just in case. Coops was Locky's backup for a few years so why not have a backup half/utility? Maybe because they were already light on with big forwards?
Hopefully Hannant will be a welcome inclusion to game 2, and maybe Dave Taylor might get a sniff??
Does anyone know if Jordan McClean is a Queenslander? Could be a future origin star.