Should the Storm Recruit a Few Parramatta Rejects?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/p ... 6657845869
Should the Storm recruit a few of the 12 players they have been told that their services will no longer be required at Parramatta for 2014? If I could choose some, there would probably be three - Ben Roberts, Matt Keating and Reni Maitua. These are probably the best out of the list of players given the boot, and I reckon Bellyache could really make the most of them for the Storm in 2014 with there likely to be more players (other than Gareth Widdop and Jason Ryles) leaving the club.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No. Their list is terrible.

Don't mean to sound like a dick but have you watched Ben Roberts ? He isn't first grade quality.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

FuiFui on a 1yr deal
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Matt Keating :lol: :lol: :lol: .think about it folks.. how bad must a player be If you are a reject at the eels.
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I honestly think Ben Roberts is the worst first grade player in the NRL!!!!
My pick would be Ben Smith, think he could be good given the right direction from Bellyache
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I remember a couple of years ago Ben Roberts was classed as a decent first grade player at Canterbury. Although I haven't heard or seen him play much since then, obviously playing for a cellar dweller like Parramatta does that to your playing ability.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cheyse Blair is the only one youd consider
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Jaryd Ha.......

Nah, I couldn't even say it as a joke
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

especially NOT headbutt hayne.
1....He just wouldn`t handle having to train hard
2...He is not a team player
3..He wouldn`t handle having to train hard.
4..doesn`t take directions.
5..couldn`t handle not being centre of attention in Melbourne
6..wouldn`t appreciate the chance of becoming a good player week in week out.
7 ..wouldn`t want to train hard.
8..Storm supporters hate him.
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

mattstormy wrote:I remember a couple of years ago Ben Roberts was classed as a decent first grade player at Canterbury. Although I haven't heard or seen him play much since then, obviously playing for a cellar dweller like Parramatta does that to your playing ability.

You have lost the plot mate...ben roberts is the worst player in the NRL...by far....we would be better of signing Daniel Holdsworthy and Mathew Reick.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I also seem to remember roberts at least being touted as one of the next big things....so that comment isn't too far off the money.

But no, no eels thanks!
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

scriptyx wrote:
mattstormy wrote:I remember a couple of years ago Ben Roberts was classed as a decent first grade player at Canterbury. Although I haven't heard or seen him play much since then, obviously playing for a cellar dweller like Parramatta does that to your playing ability.

You have lost the plot mate...ben roberts is the worst player in the NRL...by far....we would be better of signing Daniel Holdsworthy and Mathew Reick.
Alright, I understand everyone does not want Ben Roberts anywhere near the Storm and another player on the list would be a better choice. What I'm saying is that I'm only basing this on what I heard in the media when he was at the Bulldogs that he was an up and coming player. As I said, I haven't seen much of him for a couple of years now and obviously didn't realise his form had turned that bad since everyone in the thread so far has criticised him.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I feel sorry for Ben Roberts..to have to go and to play at crappamatta and have all your footballing ability sucked out of you.If only he would have had a half decent coach to help him along.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

AND to have to play in the same team as headbutt..dam shame.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Hmm ? Tough one - Let me just say...............
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields