Adam Blair back to Storm ????

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

There is a rumor going around and it has been put on Face Book by Rugby Fever, that Adam Blair may be returning to Melbourne Storm????
Now this is a debate starter if ever there was one.
What do we think of this, I for one, don't think it would be a good move for Storm on a lot of levels, when he left I wasn't fazed, I always thought he was over rated, and he has more than proved that at the tigers, you can't totally rely on your teammates to make you look good, but he got away with it for years, for me.... NO THANKS
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Taking away him being a former player, I just don't see the need for another back rower atm. Tohu and Kevvy are providing enough without him and we have a couple more coming through. I'd much rather us go out and spend money on 2 quality young front rowers.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'd be fine with him coming back, long as he takes a substantial pay-cut and is willing to play prop forward which is in my opinion, is his best position.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yep, pay cut and prop only - we should always be willing to take our own back...but, not for overs, and only on the storms terms.

If we lose ryles/norrie at the end of the year, imo it'd be the smart decision to bring in blair if the price is right - the combinations are already there, he'd slot in seamlessly in so much as gameplan and would be quite close to most the first grade squad (obvious reasons..) The biggest plus might be that he should be super fresh after a 2 year break from hard work and long seasons.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I agree with the comments above. Right price, playing prop and on our terms; definately.
It'd be even better to get him for a bargain basement price and have the Tigers still paying the overs for him. hehe

I wonder if his poor form has been he is unhappy at Wests? Football, club and coaching style doesn't work for him? Personality conflicts within playing group? Not happy living in Sydney? Or whether, after his attricious treatment by the NRL after his last game for us at Brooky, he's just 'over it all'?
I doubt whether it is the latter, but I wouldn't blame him if he was over the NRL. But I'd certainly want a performance based contract signed before letting him come back.

If his head's right, and his heart's right then I reckon he'd go hard in our front row and I'd welcome him back to Storm definately.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

His missed tackle count at Wests has been atrocious...
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I don`t think he is playing with any heart at tigers.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:His missed tackle count at Wests has been atrocious...
Defending an edge is different to defending at prop though which may be contributing to it
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I thought he had only played one game at prop. Has he been playing there longer.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I meant he played a fair bit at prop from memory at Melbourne, so moving to the edge may have impacted his missed tackle rate.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Prop? Not even. Surely we can afford a decent front rower off contract at another club.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormy wrote:I don`t think he is playing with any heart at tigers.
If you played for a shit team and a shit coach you'd play with no heart either!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Our 'engine room' appears to be moving forward with younger blokes coming through.

Blair is moving at best lateral - at worse backwards :-X
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 wrote:I'd be fine with him coming back, long as he takes a substantial pay-cut and is willing to play prop forward which is in my opinion, is his best position.
He wouldn't have to take a pay cut. If the Tigers want to let him go he'll still have to be paid what he's on there so they'd have to supplement a percentage of his wages while we would have to make up the shortfall. Given he's on such good coin up there and the salary cap being what it is i can't see the Tigers paying at least a couple hundred grand for a player not playing for them. Stranger things have happened though ???
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I would much rather keep junior moors!! He has been playing awesome in storm colors and would certainly be cheaper than Blair !!