Have we been sold?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Mattpoet wrote:if this is to be his last home game in charge, let him front the fans and receive the applause he deserves
Shame it'll be a Monday night infront of 300 people )-;
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We got almost 19k on our last Monday night game and while i doubt very much we'll get that many, i reckon there'll still be a pretty decent crowd against the scum. Hopefully the rain stays away which always helps.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ownership change to be made official at 11:30 am tomorrow. Press conference called for major announcement.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ice wrote:We got almost 19k on our last Monday night game and while i doubt very much we'll get that many, i reckon there'll still be a pretty decent crowd against the scum. Hopefully the rain stays away which always helps.
The last Monday night game (V Tigers) was during school holidays. I'm not sure how many bums on seats that equates to??
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 2jwyn.html

Interesting article. Gerry Ryan could be back and this time as a part owner :-D Guess we`ll see in a few hours
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Absolutely brilliant news having Gerry Ryan back at the club, someone who's passionate about the place who won't treat it like his little plaything. Also 3 of the 4 shareholders being from Melbourne can also only be a good thing.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Exciting times ahead. Maybe the return of the Jayco Caravan & outdoor set up on the sidelines, like they used to do at the Graveyard :lol:
Faider
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Link to the live stream for anyone who wants to watch it

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl- ... ZrHy4ITFV0

starts at 11:30am
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

A major milestone in the club's history today.

Whilst I applaud Ron Gauci for helping the club get back on its feat from the Salary Cap scandal, the same cannot be said for News Limited.

The truth will eventually one day emerge, and I wouldn't be surprised for a second to see News up to their eyeballs in the whole sordid affair. The massive conflict of interest that extended from Waldron involvement, News Limited directors, Gallop as both the NRL CEO but also a News Ltd employee and mates with John Hartigan. Not to mention the one-sided coverage by News Limited papers such as the awful trash that is Daily Telegraph, and Fox Sports.

The coaches, players, and fans copped it all. The independent directors were bullied beyond belief before being sacked.

To this day, no criminal charges were ever laid. The player agents are untouched. Peter O'Sullivan continues to recruit for the Roosters. News Limited continues with its obvious agendas and spiteful attacks on anyone they don't have a vested interest in or doesn't play ball (case in point: their atrocious treatment of both IC chairman John Grant and CEO David Smith to date).

However - the club has not just survived - it thrives. Success was born off the back of the worst scandal in Australian sport - and that above all, firmly established Storm as one of Australia's greatest modern sporting accomplishments.

I for one - welcome our new owners with an open mind, and great optimism for the future of this club.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Diehard_Storm wrote:A major milestone in the club's history today.

However - the club has not just survived - it thrives. Success was born off the back of the worst scandal in Australian sport - and that above all, firmly established Storm as one of Australia's greatest modern sporting accomplishments.

I for one - welcome our new owners with an open mind, and great optimism for the future of this club.
=D> =D> =D>

Couldn't agree more
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Diehard_Storm wrote:A major milestone in the club's history today.

Whilst I applaud Ron Gauci for helping the club get back on its feat from the Salary Cap scandal, the same cannot be said for News Limited.

The truth will eventually one day emerge, and I wouldn't be surprised for a second to see News up to their eyeballs in the whole sordid affair. The massive conflict of interest that extended from Waldron involvement, News Limited directors, Gallop as both the NRL CEO but also a News Ltd employee and mates with John Hartigan. Not to mention the one-sided coverage by News Limited papers such as the awful trash that is Daily Telegraph, and Fox Sports.

The coaches, players, and fans copped it all. The independent directors were bullied beyond belief before being sacked.

To this day, no criminal charges were ever laid. The player agents are untouched. Peter O'Sullivan continues to recruit for the Roosters. News Limited continues with its obvious agendas and spiteful attacks on anyone they don't have a vested interest in or doesn't play ball (case in point: their atrocious treatment of both IC chairman John Grant and CEO David Smith to date).

The book is out in August so you won't have to wait long.... I'm just concerned at who else gets implicated. It's already been hinted at that O'Sullivan could be in pretty big strife.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Our new owners mentioned that they would announce the rest of the owners in a fortnight.
Will they announce it this week (now that Origin 1 is out of the way) or will they announce it next week (after the Queens Birthday long weekend).
I would say the latter.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Funny you should mention that. Bart Campbell's announcing the shareholders at 9am today.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Must be reading the boards :hello2:
Had a feeling they didn't want the announcement to be lost up to the lead up to Origin 1.
Good to see Gerry back.