heads up: The Supercoach's book

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Keep you eye out for a book by Craig Bellamy in the coming months.

It's not a biography, rather a management/inspirational book in the vein of Wayne Bennett's "Dont Die With the Music In You".

More details as they come to hand.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Put me down for a copy
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I will wait for the movie ;)
Liam Neeson to star as Craig Bellamy!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's an August release...
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I rarely read books but I reckon this will be an enjoyable. Might show exactly what it was that made him turn the Storm from underachieving in the finals in 2003-04-05 to making five grand finals and six prelims since 2006.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Funny enough a book on the salary cap scandal comes out in August too. Coincide? I think not.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

LESStar58 wrote:Funny enough a book on the salary cap scandal comes out in August too
Co-authored by Waldron and Gallop no doubt
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

LESStar58 wrote:Funny enough a book on the salary cap scandal comes out in August too. Coincide? I think not.
Wouldnt the book about the salary cap scandal be 2 books?

Rina
Squall
Squall

I'd like to know who is writing it - and why its being published 3 years later ...
Oh nevermind, its just some journalist.. Thought it might of been something substantial
http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/ ... t-shelves/

Old article though.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Rina wrote:I'd like to know who is writing it - and why its being published 3 years later ...
Oh nevermind, its just some journalist.. Thought it might of been something substantial

Old article though.
So apparently he's got dirt on probably our former recruitment manager Peter O'Sullivan? I bet News Ltd come out 'squeaky clean'?
I wonder, if it is P. O'Sullivan, they will look at how the Roosters can suddenly buy, not develop, so many big name star players whilst retaining their own top players??
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cherry_Poppins wrote:
LESStar58 wrote:Funny enough a book on the salary cap scandal comes out in August too. Coincide? I think not.

K

Well played, sir.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:
Rina wrote:I'd like to know who is writing it - and why its being published 3 years later ...

Old article though.
So apparently he's got dirt on probably our former recruitment manager Peter O'Sullivan? I bet News Ltd come out 'squeaky clean'?
I wonder, if it is P. O'Sullivan, they will look at how the Roosters can suddenly buy, not develop, so many big name star players whilst retaining their own top players??
I'm more concerned about what players knew (if anything). I'd be filthy if they pleaded innocent the entire time only to be caught in a lie. Of course, I mayjust be the eternal pessimist.

Why its coming out three years after the fact is beyond me. If we hadn't won a comp so soon after this book would never have seen the light of day.

I'm in the book trade myself and am curious as to who is publishing it.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm wrote:
LESStar58 wrote:Funny enough a book on the salary cap scandal comes out in August too
Co-authored by Waldron and Gallop no doubt
Apparently Waldrons book is written but remains unpublished. There was an article in the SMH before the grand final where it mentions it. Hopefully it is never published. I'd hate to see anyone give their hard earned dollars to that prick.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote: I'm more concerned about what players knew (if anything). I'd be filthy if they pleaded innocent the entire time only to be caught in a lie. Of course, I mayjust be the eternal pessimist.
IF he does allege the players had knowledge then the onus on him to prove it beyond doubt. If not then he could find himself on the wrong end of libel/defamation lawsuit/s.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

LESStar58 wrote:
Cherry_Poppins wrote:

K

Well played, sir.
I try :)

I'm shocked at the lack of flaming lol,i expected death threats :)
Good to see some have a sense of humour