JOE PICKER

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Joe picker is in talks with melbourne storm and could be playing for us very soon.. canberra have told joe to start looking around as his services are no longer needed.. good or bad thoughts??
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

He's got a lot of talent but under Furner he hasn't been able to harness it. Would be a good pick up. Former Australian Schoolboy who was touted as a future rep star for the Raiders.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Under Craig Bellamy`s coaching he will become a good player and will win a premiership(which he has no hope of if he stays with raiders.I hope he comes prepared for hard work and forget everything that furner has taught him(as it hasn`t worked :lol: )
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

i just dont understand y we r looking at a 2nd rower.. we have hoffman, harris, hinchy, slade, setu, proctor, k.bromwich already fighting for 2nd row lock positions.. with vave, ryles, moors already taken up most of the bench i just dont think his gunna be value for money unless his gunna play for pies n coke
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

You can never have enough depth. What makes us so special is the fact that we perfect everything down to the slightest bit of detail and this is no different. Look what happened with Fa'aoso last year, after a few injuries and suspensions he found himself walking away with a premiership ring. Whoever thought that we would need him towards the business end of the season?

Then you have to ask yourself, what happens if our side was to be decimated by injuries? What happens when Origin comes along and the side needs to be shuffled around? There are too many unknowns and having no viable back up plan is a gamble the club is unwilling to take.

Besides, having another guy come in and challenge for a starting spot will really push the current players to hold their spot in the team. It brings out the best in everyone.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good depth signing if it happens. He had huge raps on him a few years ago but haven't heard much from him since. Injured and being stuck with Furner as coach I guess.
Hayesee
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Grab him and sign up his brothers as well. Saw him play in the NYC GF a few years ago and he was running rings around everyone else on the field. Under Craige he will be unstoppable!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Any news on Joe yet?
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

far as i know its a done deal just waiting on canberra to release him witch i have been told raiders r being difficult and they most likely wont release him untill mid june.. but fingers crossed he will be here shortly
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Typical Canberra then. Thanks mate
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

so, they're two years old? 'i don't want it, but, i don't want you to have it so i'll keep it!' and they wonder why their players keep having attitude problems
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He's playing for Canberra off the bench tonight
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yep.. they tell him this

The Raiders have told second-rower Joe Picker to begin looking for a new club, but the management has denied Canberra faces immediate salary cap pressure this year.

In another incident that has rankled sections of Canberra's playing group, Picker - a Raiders junior and popular member of the team - was told on the eve of the NRL season that the club was unlikely to renew his contract beyond this year.

Picker, who has played 103 NRL games with the Raiders, is understood to be devastated by the news.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... z2Pm3t8Mvn

and then when he finds a new club that wants him they do a 180 n his in the top 17 now..
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

i just got some info about what is going on.. raiders aren't keen on letting him go this season but they dont want to resign him.. storm still want him for next year.. so do dogs and he just meet with eels on thursday.. c what happens picker wants a release n he wants to come to storm..
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I didn't see him do anything noteworthy tonight, and seemed to play very few minutes too. Anyone got stats on his performance against the Roosters?