2013 World Club Challenge vs Leeds Rhinos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I read that article on the Leeds official site. It was a great article.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

mystormboys wrote:
stormy wrote:Leeds Rhinos boss Gary Hetherington believes MELBOURNE STORM have done the NRL and Australian Sport a huge service during their visit to the UK.He said the conduct and professionalism of Craig Bellamy and players before,during and after their victory will go a long way to forging a new relationship between the two competitions.He said that nearly the entire crowd stayed behind to see STORM presented with the trophy( considering most of the crowd were Rhino fans)People were estatic that STORM put their celebrations on hold after the match to give autographs and pose for photos with Leeds fans. Billy,Cammy,Coops and rest of the Storm squad won a lot of friends in Leeds.Craig Bellamy took time out to speak to amateur coaches in leeds to raise funds "Rugby League Cares"and as well as increasing knowledge at grass roots level.

THIS IS WHY I AM PROUD TO BE KNOWN AS A STORM MEMBER..

What a wonderful post - These are the things that you don't hear about in the papers. GO STORM

This is just to let you know that what you all know and love about Storm is true...hundredfold! They 'adopted' T's Dad, included him in the Storm group, took him everywhere they went and he got to know them all & they him. Presenting T's jersey to him was a once-in-a-lifetime experience for them both and it was an emotional experience for the team, especially the younger ones who were imagining the same for themselves sometime (that might become a Storm thing maybe?) it was special.
He was on their bus, stayed in the hotel with them, attended all trainings & events etc & tried to give some back by looking after a few of them during the long, late aftermatch celebrations (no sleep). All of them were so supportive of T and all had great (and insightful) things to say about him that makes it all the more special for us.
So pleased at how T played and to score a try was amazing...he was prepared so well by CB & co , he's worked hard ( & yes, Michael he's dropped a couple of KGs!)and he stepped up. So we are happy and proud of that!
But more so we are so glad that he is with the Storm for the way they have nurtured him (and others) and the attention to detail on and off the field that makes it such a force in all ways. You can be all proud you belong to such a wonderful club.

Unfortunately we may not post often on here in the future as we don't want to inhibit any discussion (he might not always play well lol) but will be sure to visit from time to time. Thanks Storm family...back to back this year!!!!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I thought it was lovely when the commentators told us through the game that T`s father presented him with his jersey.Can you imagine how T`s father felt to be welcomed into the Storm family.FATHER AND SON WON`T EVER FORGET THEIR TIME AT MY CHAMPION CLUB.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chip wrote:This is just to let you know that what you all know and love about Storm is true...hundredfold! They 'adopted' T's Dad, included him in the Storm group, took him everywhere they went and he got to know them all & they him. Presenting T's jersey to him was a once-in-a-lifetime experience for them both and it was an emotional experience for the team, especially the younger ones who were imagining the same for themselves sometime (that might become a Storm thing maybe?) it was special.
He was on their bus, stayed in the hotel with them, attended all trainings & events etc & tried to give some back by looking after a few of them during the long, late aftermatch celebrations (no sleep). All of them were so supportive of T and all had great (and insightful) things to say about him that makes it all the more special for us.
So pleased at how T played and to score a try was amazing...he was prepared so well by CB & co , he's worked hard ( & yes, Michael he's dropped a couple of KGs!)and he stepped up. So we are happy and proud of that!
But more so we are so glad that he is with the Storm for the way they have nurtured him (and others) and the attention to detail on and off the field that makes it such a force in all ways. You can be all proud you belong to such a wonderful club.

Unfortunately we may not post often on here in the future as we don't want to inhibit any discussion (he might not always play well lol) but will be sure to visit from time to time. Thanks Storm family...back to back this year!!!!
That is such a beautiful story...
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Awesome storm . TRUELY A CLASSY CLUB
harrigan
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Just thought I'd add one more good story from your guys. Ryan Hoffman gave his winners medal to a young kid from Leeds who stayed behind to meet some players and had some nice words to say about the Storms performance.

http://www.therhinos.co.uk/m/news/19811.php

Credit to sport over the last 13 days in the UK and I know you have won many friends.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

harrigan wrote:Just thought I'd add one more good story from your guys. Ryan Hoffman gave his winners medal to a young kid from Leeds who stayed behind to meet some players and had some nice words to say about the Storms performance.

Credit to sport over the last 13 days in the UK and I know you have won many friends.
Thanks Harrigan. Another good story about the Storm boys. Harrigan feel free to continue to visit throughout the season and continue to comment on the Storm.
stormingaway
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

harrigan wrote:Just thought I'd add one more good story from your guys. Ryan Hoffman gave his winners medal to a young kid from Leeds who stayed behind to meet some players and had some nice words to say about the Storms performance.

Sorry but I reckon that story is bullshit. As if you would give away your medal to some kid you didn't know
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

stormingaway wrote:

Sorry but I reckon that story is bullshit. As if you would give away your medal to some kid you didn't know
As the story is also listed on the club website, I would doubt that it is bulltish. I think it's a great example of the way we approached the whole trip over there.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I reckon we have some more Storm supporters in UK now.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Turtle188 wrote:
stormingaway wrote:

As the story is also listed on the club website, I would doubt that it is bulltish. I think it's a great example of the way we approached the whole trip over there.
Hoffy also tweeted - "Thanks everyone for you nice words. We were all kids once." So that essentially confirms it for me.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

He's got another one, and plenty more to come. How many does he need?

GO HOFFY!!! GO STORM!!!!
harrigan
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Thanks guys. I enjoyed posting on here in the run up to the game. Good luck for the season but I think you'll be ok ;)

Here's a few pics from the night:

Pre-match entertainment

From the back of the Southstand

From the centre of the Southstand queuing to get out at half time :lol:

Cooper Cronk being interviewed by Sky, Kevin Sinfield waiting for his turn

And here's a video I took of the teams coming out before the game. The atmosphere isn't too bad ay? :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3Lkg7Xma-8
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

It would have been great to be there Harrigan.I hope the leeds supporters didn`t give my CHAMPION TEAM too much of a hard time.I hope you are going to stay around for a while and give us updates on your league through the season and you can read on how good my C.T. is going.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

i love the atmosphere! i remember a couple of years ago people on here suggested getting some chants/songs at the games and it never took off.