2013 OFFICIAL THREAD

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Back to the manly thing, roid rage would explain a lot with whatmough and the stewart boys
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

mattystorm1987 wrote:arana tumata from penrith is in hot water after a racist tweet calling mkr contastents curry munchers.. nrl and penrith have arranged a meeting with him this afternoon..
they are though aren`t they..
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

mattystorm1987 wrote:arana tumata from penrith is in hot water after a racist tweet calling mkr contastents curry munchers.. nrl and penrith have arranged a meeting with him this afternoon..
Sounds like a nothing event to me. But fairdinkum how dumb is this dood? He's been sacked by Bulldogs and us, and now he's in strife at Penrith.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think you will find Tomato has been sacked by 4 clubs and really should have been sacked by the Panthers in 2011 when he stole a Dr's prescription pad.

Too far beyond help. Any club that signs him are asking for trouble.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

FORMER NRL star Matt Orford has revealed the bizarre practices - including being injected with calf blood - used by sports scientist Stephen Dank, who is at the centre of the AFL supplements scandal.

Dank was on the Sea Eagles' sports science staff assisting coach Des Hasler in 2008, the year the club won the NRL premiership.

Orford told News.com.au today he was treated for a groin injury after the 2008 grand final using calf blood, which was injected into his muscle tissue.

"The doctor experimented to see if it would help heal my groin. It failed.”

Orford was the 2008 Dally M player of the year and a huge factor in Manly's 40-0 demolition of Melbourne in the grand final.

He said today he was always sceptical of using supplements.

"I'm the hardest person to convince of a new product. I have a routine in how I do things, I wouldn't even look at (any other supplements).

"The only bit I've experienced is the calves' blood.

"It would be injected into the injury itself to see whether it would help in any way whatsoever but I don't think there was any true fact or anything behind it. They were searching for something just to help me get onto the park."

"There was nothing illegal about it.

"I didn't know anything about it. That's why I was always sceptical. And I'm sure the doctor would be along the same lines as me. There wasn't enough info behind it to show it would have a positive result on injury-based causes and speed your recovery."

Around the world in 80 injections

Dank is known to have worked with five NRL clubs and two AFL clubs including Essendon, which is at the centre of an investigation by the AFL into the use of supplements.

Essendon today confirmed high performance manager Dean Robinson, who worked with Dank at the Sea Eagles, has been stood down.

Robinson went from Manly, to the Geelong Cats, and then on to the Bombers with Dank. He will talk to Nine News Melbourne tonight.

Exercise and Sports Science Australia (ESSA) today said in a statement that Dank is not an accredited sports scientist.

ESSA spokesman Professor David Bishop said: "While the news media has mistakenly labelled Mr Dank as a 'sports scientist', there is no record of him being an accredited sports scientist or having professional membership with Exercise & Sports Science Australia.

"In the absence of a professional alignment, he cannot be disciplined or de-registered by ESSA, which is the peak professional body for the exercise and sports science industry."

The organisation has called on the AFL and the NRL to use the investigation as an opportunity to raise the standards and only employ sports scientists accredited with ESSA.

The NRL has so far failed to comment as to whether an investigation into rugby league practices Is also warranted.

Matt Orford now works as an assistant coach at Wyong rugby league club, on the NSW Central Coast.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:I think you will find Tomato has been sacked by 4 clubs and really should have been sacked by the Panthers in 2011 when he stole a Dr's prescription pad.

Too far beyond help. Any club that signs him are asking for trouble.
I would not say he's beyond help at all. He's been unfairly judged without critics knowing the real facts. He's been misguided throughout his career and if he can work Into some form on the field, then the sky is the limit for the guy.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Freshy wrote:I would not say he's beyond help at all. He's been unfairly judged without critics knowing the real facts. He's been misguided throughout his career and if he can work Into some form on the field, then the sky is the limit for the guy.
You must be a very forgiving person.

I am in no way denying he has the potential to be a very good rugby league player.

But he continually makes dumb decisions and is a high PR risk IMO.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:
Freshy wrote:I would not say he's beyond help at all. He's been unfairly judged without critics knowing the real facts. He's been misguided throughout his career and if he can work Into some form on the field, then the sky is the limit for the guy.
You must be a very forgiving person.

I am in no way denying he has the potential to be a very good rugby league player.

But he continually makes dumb decisions and is a high PR risk IMO.
Fair enough. I won't deny that some of the decisions he has made have been outright stupid. But in saying that, some of his sackings were silly and it's sad because it hasn't helped his public image or his career.

As a former Storm player I hope he comes back bigger and better and makes a name for himself based on talent rather than off fields incidents.