2013 OFFICIAL THREAD

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Legends the both of you. Thanks for that. Tohu, Garbutt and Glasby are 3 players I'm looking forward to getting a chance sometime this season. Good to see Sa'u impressing. Maybe he can fight off a spot in the backline. His big worry will always be defense.
Last edited by blazza18 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fantastic write ups. Thanks guys.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:
End score was 6 tries to 1 (conversion kicks were not attempted).

Try Scorers - Blair 2, Duffie, Fonua, Harris, Kennar.
Thanks to Mattpoet and Freshy for your analysis. According to the Storm website it was 7 tries to 1 and the Storm try scorers were Auva’a 2, Harris, Duffie, Blair, Sa’u, Fonua.

Interesting to see Melbourne boy Maeli Seve scored the try for the Tigers.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sorry about that, I was looking into the sun which made it a bit difficult at times to make everything out.
storm77
Squall
Squall

So after the first trial....
Slater
Sisa
WC
JON
Sa'u/Duffie/Fanua
GW
Coop's
Hinchy
RH
Jesse
Cam

Bench:
Finch

With the rest of the forward structure to be determined.
Does that sound about right?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surely Proctor is an automatic as well.

I would say:

1.Slater
2.Waqa
3.O'Neill
4.Chambers
5.Duffie/Fonua/Sa'u
6.Widdop
7.Cronk
8.J.Bromwich
9.Smith
10.Norrie
11.Proctor
12.Hoffman
13.Hinchcliffe (though I do like him off the bench running around the tired forwards)
14.Finch
15. and 16.Ryles/Vave/Garbutt/Setu
17.Harris/K.Bromwich/Moors
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was sitting behind the storm bench in the second half and was listening to two of the storm coaches they were talking the whole time were impressed by Mitch Garbutt and Jordan McLean they kept say Lagi was doing great but his lungs were f**ked give him a few weeks playing NRL and he would be back to his best
Also they were very impressed by Rhys Kennedy and Tohu Harris

Just on a side not from me I overheard Kenny B tell a mate he did his calf last Tuesday at training and he is pissed off cause he won't get to play any trials so I guess that takes I'm out of the team going to the UK
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I forgot to mention that Tohu was impressive in certain patches of the match, however it's clear he needs another year or 2 to muscle up and adapt to NRL. In the NYC he was physically dominant over a lot of the competition, however with his injury woes and lack of game time and exposure to the intensity of the NRL, it will take some time before he can become a dominant forward once again.. Very Similar to when proctor first came on the scene and how it took him a few years to establish himself as a rep level forward.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I like that comparison Freshy, let's hope he gets the same opportunities for game time so he develops the same.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Here at Bigpond Sport we are predicting a stumble for Storm this year to seventh or eighth – nothing disastrous, but out of the premiership running. If that happens, the big challenge for Bellamy and his brains trust will be to ensure the club is well positioned to rebound to its accustomed perch come season 2014.
Will the Storm stumble ?

Hmm ? Now where & how many times have I heard this before ::)

See ya in September Mr Winkler
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pffft... Different year, same old dribble.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Did anyone else notice the story going round that Manly had sports scientist Steve Dank working for them throughout all of 2008?

I'd bet a number of arrogant, abusive, ignorant Manly fans would be in a bit of a sweat considering the possibility of Dank implementing illegal performance enhancing supplements into their regime also.

Fingers crossed more will come of it. After all the years of "dirty cheat" quips at the mere mention of the Storm RLFC, this would be the most bitter of all pills for them to swallow.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yourhero wrote:Did anyone else notice the story going round that Manly had sports scientist Steve Dank working for them throughout all of 2008?

I'd bet a number of arrogant, abusive, ignorant Manly fans would be in a bit of a sweat considering the possibility of Dank implementing illegal performance enhancing supplements into their regime also.

Fingers crossed more will come of it. After all the years of "dirty cheat" quips at the mere mention of the Storm RLFC, this would be the most bitter of all pills for them to swallow.
yeah manly r under investigation by the nrl.. if guilty u would think that they will be stripped of the 2008 premiership
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

They will not be found guilty. Whenever the NRL does an investation nothing seems to happen. It is only when they find you guilty in 20 minutes does anything happen.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

arana tumata from penrith is in hot water after a racist tweet calling mkr contastents curry munchers.. nrl and penrith have arranged a meeting with him this afternoon..