Is Fonau eligible to play State of Origin?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He's only ever played for Victoria & Canberra! :lol:
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He played SG Ball which makes him eligible for NSW
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I think he can play for NSW because he made his debut in a NSW sanctioned competion (NSW Cup) This was according to Fox Sports Commentators
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

This just further illustrates the contradicary nature of the NRL's 'level playing field'.
A kid pondering his choices must think "hmmm, should I stay in Victoria or the ACT, where I'll be in eligible to play SOO & receive $50k/game, do I pledge my loyalty to NZ and also miss out. Or do I move to and play for a QLD or NSW club so as not to limit my playing career and earning potential.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Go Storm the Victorian boys can stay with the Storm and still be eligible to play State of Origin for NSW assuming they come up through our junior ranks. As the SG Ball competition is a NSW competition if they play SG Ball for the Storm they are eligible for NSW. This is how Young Tonumaipea was able to play for the NSW Under 20s Origin team.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The thing that interests me is that if a player is born and bred and played all his junior rugby league in the ACT, is he eligible to play for NSW (seeing as though the ACT is completely surrounded by NSW and is almost considered a part of it)?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would assume that guys from ACT are eligible for NSW. In any case the Raiders have an SG Ball side so that would make their local juniors eligible for NSW.

A lot of places you may consider as ACT are in NSW anyway. I always thought Glen Lazarus was from ACT but he was from Queanbeyan which is in NSW.