Round 22 vs Titans

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Sally, I'm well aware that Timana Tahu didn't play for us. I just included him because he may have been the first Mexican to play NRL??

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Also, Peter Wallace was bron in Noble Park. But I think the hype about Mahe is that he was born in Melbourne, played his junior League in Victoria, came through Storm's SG Ball and NYC to first grade. Widdop also game through junior Victorian League and NYC, but he was born overseas, so they say he is not a true Victorian.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Didn't Widdop come over when he was about 15? Or was he younger than that?

LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You're all forgetting Dean Pay. Born here but raised an d played footy in Dubbo.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The thing I'd like to know is if in future if he's good enough to play Origin, what state is going to claim that he is either NSW or QLD (look at some of the so called QLD players in the past including Greg Inglis, Israel Folau etc.).

Also, what happens to players that are born and bred in Canberra (since Canberra is not in NSW).
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

State of Origin is becoming a bit ridiculous now.
And with $50k per game on offer every Kiwi, Fijian, Victorian, Englishman playing NRL will be calling themselves a NSWelshman or Queenslander.
And to deny them is to deny them an opportunity to earn an income based purely on place of birth. This would probably present legal issues if someone was prepared to go down that avenue.

As for Mahe, I read somewhere he supports QLD. (-:

Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

There's nobody at Allianz Stadium tonight to watch a local derby between Tigers and Dragons.
I don't know what they'll report the attendance as but it ahouldn't even come close to 9000.

Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mahe was wobbly after he tried to score that try and the ball got knocked loose. He either hit his head on the ground or got hit in the head or both, that's probably why he looked out on his feet.

If he plays origin it's for NSW as he played SG Ball which is a NSW sanctioned competition, hope that helps clear things up.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mattstormy wrote:The thing I'd like to know is if in future if he's good enough to play Origin, what state is going to claim that he is either NSW or QLD (look at some of the so called QLD players in the past including Greg Inglis, Israel Folau etc.).

Also, what happens to players that are born and bred in Canberra (since Canberra is not in NSW).
Because he was graded in SG Ball, a NSWRL sanctioned comp, he's a Blue. They talked about it during the telecast. If he'd come in to the NRL straight from VRL however, he could play for Australia but can't play Origin.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:You're all forgetting Dean Pay.
I'm trying too.

Darren Lockyer born in Melbourne toon

[ Post made via Android ] Image
storm boy !
Squall
Squall

so bellamy may not be picking fonua for this weekends game, may be left at home? And I guess quinns most likely to go back to knewcastle next year..

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/sto ... 6448349682

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wouldnt be surprized if Mr Russell Gould was Nexttime the mole of this forum....or he read my twitter haha

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image