Storm vs Bulldogs Rd 16

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

well.. thats that.. bye next week right? they look like they need a week off..
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

After we return from the bye the month of July consists of matches against Raiders(H), Cowboys(H), Parramatta(A) & Dragons(A).
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tough game. The call that took us from a 10-10 game costed us today. Just outplayed after that. Bulldogs defence was just incredible.

Now all the haters can come out and bag us while talking up the dogs. So be it. I'd rather lose to them now than in September anyway.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

blazza18 wrote:Just outplayed after that. Bulldogs defence was just incredible
I think we got outplayed for 90 % of that game.

And to those armchair heroes whining for Maurice Blair to be 'given a shot'
He had it today & did sweet F A with it.Smithy & Rory K had a MUCH bigger impact last week.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Brian
Squall
Squall

I think on the way the dogs are playing they will be in the GF this year
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

you are right Mauritian..the vid refs HAVE LOST THE PLOT.Commentators worry that a bad ref decision will cost a team a finals win.DUH IT ALREADY DID IN 2006. BUT YET THE REFS NEVER LEARN.How they pay that as an obstruction is beyond me.The 2nd dogs try was a real joke too.benefit of doubt crap he just lost the ball.
Why doesn`t hollywood do something about the vid refs.
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I spent that whole game screaming at the dogs players to release from tackles. How long are they allowed to hold us down, roll us over, work us over, sit on us, etc, etc before a penalty is awarded? And yet we're penalized after 3 seconds!!!!
That disallowed try in the 2nd half was bullshit too!!!

But the dogs were very good today. They came out very hard in the first, and their goal-line defence was superb. They were definately the better team.
I do wonder if they would've looked so good had they been penalized for slowing our ruck by holding down in every tackle??

Coops seemed off his game in the first half I thought but then sort of got his groove back. Blair was quite underwhelming at 5/8, he is purely a centre. I don't know who told him to put 5/8 on his resume.
Some of our defensive efforts were shocking. Duffy must be very close to playing NSW Cup??
If we're still in this predicament in a fortnight then I think either Smith should play 5/8 or Widdop, with O'Neil at fullback.

The Rory & Bobby at 6, and Duffy at 1 experiments have all failed. Great to have had the luxury of making these experiments though (-;

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought Blair was OK, almost broke the line a few times.. A bit fitter and may have went through.

Did play Monday so an OK effort in hindsight.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Meh, just an mere blip on the radar and nothing to worry about, the JJ is all stitched up and alot of teams fail coming off a game against manly, its not like any other team will beat you to the MP, holds your heads high its not over

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Maybe Gaz needs to go back to 5/8 and Juzzie get a go at fullback. Maybe Fonua into the centres?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

the only player that could of helped us today played the day b4 for the bottom team on the ladder...should have not let luke go till the end of the year....it just prooves we have no back up avaliable atm and it sucks
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

are we one of the least aggressive teams? i know we wear down the opponent and are methodical but we lack grunt! halatau, pritchard, kasiano, reynolds and to some extent inu just showed us up in that category a few solid sets of aggressive defence and the doggies were up and about with all the confidence. when they were in attack our defence was very passive.

forwards need to man up, except ryles... we need to clone him!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Funny that ???
Didn't see his name in the match report or the video highlight,but then Sandow won that pointless battle right :lol:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I noticed a couple of times during the game Bulldogs players were chopping out the legs of our players in tackles. I'm sure you won't hear anything about that - but if we had done it it would be a different story.

I don't think we were at our best but a tip of the hat for throwing everything at the Bulldogs. They kept turning us away at the line. I didn't like the no try call for obstruction and I thought the benefit of the doubt try was definitely iffy. But whatever. We've got the bye next week and Origin is almost done for the year. Lets get things right and start a run at the finals.
staticash
Squall
Squall

We will come back stronger and hungrier then ever after the bye another loss we needed to have. Was a great night thou I am absolutely smashed cheers boys for comming to town!!!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
S.W.A.S