Storm vs Manly Rd 15

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I predict Vave to play a pearler next week against the poodles. He couldn`t have 2 bad games in a row. HE OWES US .
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I thought Rory was ok, put some important tackles in. Vava did screw up a couple of times but i have seen a lot worse! Lets not crucify him too much, you could see he was frustrated with himself, shows a good attitude.

Coops had a great kicking game, i wonder if it was on instruction to keep kicking it deep to the corners, those three in a row really helped us start our sets strongly.

I wonder what the odds are on us NOT winning the minor premierships, effectivly 4 games up with 10 to go given the for and against.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

shortest odds ever I reckon.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Great win and a huge huge 2 points. We could and probably should be entitled to facing a 3rd consecutive loss next week against 2nd place doggies...but instead we go into that blockbuster with a huge confidence boosting win at brooky.

Boy did we stand up to Manly tonight and deserved that win. Look out peeps...the Storm are the real deal in 2012.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sorry im way behind on some lingo. What is lima lima duck thing ? please
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Instead of using the "F" Bomb.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

That was an awesome game to watch, from both sides. And that was an awesome win by the Storm!!! To win at Brooky against a full-strength Manly, without Slater, poor refereeing, KP playing his first from injury, and Widdop playing fullback for the first time in a couple of seasons.

Very gutsy win boys!!! A great TEAM effort with plenty of individual brilliance an a few errors. I can't fault anyone. They all dug in where and when it was needed, stuck to the structures, and came away with the win!!!!!

GO STORM!!!

(and ban that cherry wanker. Fairdinkum, the bloke's a tosser. Must we keep reading his Manly nonsense on a storm forum? It'd be different if he was funny or insightful. I think I prefer that other troll wanker roberttugs)

Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just finished watching the replay, how was the Cherry-Evans try awarded???? Great win on a tough road trip!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

oh, and that obstruction call, were the blocking penalties getting too obviously contrived so they had to move to something else?
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I just got back from the game, it was a pretty good night. The locals I was standing with on the hill were alright, a bit of banter but nothing untoward.
Hoffy was hoffy, Ryles is a big unit, Widdop was great - he played a very billy-like game. He got in there and distributed a bit when required.

Probably Cam's best game of the year as well, and that's saying something. He even managed to kick goals!

The non-archer ref was lima lima lima duck retarded. Every time the crowd jeered up he'd blow his whistle. I think he wanted to keep the locals happy to give him some hope of leaving the ground alive.

It was a decent crowd actually, I'm not sure what their capacity is but the reserved seating was packed, and general admission didn't look far off it.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

KimmorleyKiller wrote:It was a decent crowd actually, I'm not sure what their capacity is but the reserved seating was packed, and general admission didn't look far off it.
Triple M gave the crowd as being 12k.

And I am led to believe the Triple M call was a lot better than the biased drivel from Fox Sports.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

nacho wrote:rory took out glenn steward and for that he should be the player of the year. ill sleep well tonight
I'll sleep well knowing you'll be ripped apart by the judicary for crusher tackles and those refs will be in NSW cup
next week :) Also scum comment about an opposition player,may you not have a number of terrible injuries this
year to your "big" 3
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

How good was Smith at 5/8, and Widdop is still a brilliant fullback!!!

I predicted Widdop at the back, but didn't see Smith in the halves. Probably a way to keep his workload down a little after Wednesday and yet keep him in the side.
Bobby Blair must really be out of flavour since his mishap on the gold coast.

sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

um i dont feel sick anymore lol
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Who are you again ?