Storm V Bulldogs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

It has just been announced that the Storm V Bulldogs game in round 16 will now be in Mckay. Looks like we are not going to Adelaide this year.
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Well there's one from left field!
Thank F&*K I didn't book that flight to Adelaide I was looking at!
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

And of course flights to Mackay are nearly twice as much *sigh*
staticash
Squall
Squall

Fantastic news for me I live in mackay!! About bloody time we get a game in our pissant little sad excuss of a stadium

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
S.W.A.S
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Adelaide offers rugby league very little IMO. The only reason the Rams existed is because News was based in Adelaide at the height of the SL war and they needed a presence in the City of Churches to justify their rebel competition.

Take the game to areas that WANT a team in the NRL (Perth, Wellington, Gosford) or take the game to heartland areas that are not represented in the NRL (yes, you could say the Cowboys represent Mackay but still).

Good move by the Dogs to take a home game to FNQ. The conditions will work against us but can't see it giving the Dogs an advantage to the point where they'll put 50 on us like the Cowboys did to the Roosters in Darwin.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mackay?!?

WTF!!!
staticash
Squall
Squall

There are a lot of storm supporters in mackay I already got a group together for the game should be a great day I am already loosing sleep over it. anyone know when tickets go on sale?

S.W.A.S
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

staticash wrote:Fantastic news for me I live in mackay!! About bloody time we get a game in our pissant little sad excuss of a stadium
I'm glad some people are pleased with this decision, because now a certain Victorian Qlder I know wants to make a 16 hour round trip to Mackay and back, I think I would just rather watch it with him from his house than spend that long in a car just to go to a "pissant" "sad" stadium.

With only 2000 seats and a capacity of 12000 it may well sell out quickly, Ben Barba already suggested that his and Dane Nielsen's families and friends could pack the place out but I will let you know when I see tickets available. The stadium website doesn't even mention the match yet
staticash
Squall
Squall

It really is a horrible stadium they did a pathetic job on it but it will make for a great Sunday!!!

S.W.A.S
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Forgot Danger was from Mackay...

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Christabella wrote:And of course flights to Mackay are nearly twice as much *sigh*
That's 'cos Mackay is twice as nice. :lol:

Woohoo.
Storm game at home. Happy dance. :occasion7:

I am sooo going.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

staticash wrote:There are a lot of storm supporters in mackay I already got a group together for the game should be a great day I am already loosing sleep over it. anyone know when tickets go on sale?

Don't know yet but as soon as I find out I'll let you know. If you find out first, please message me.
staticash
Squall
Squall

Sure will TC

S.W.A.S
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

:x :x the only thing I had to look forward to was STORM coming to this pathetic little town and now they are playing in mackay.WTF ? why couldn`t the dogs come to an agreement with saca.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

City gears up for a sports bonanza

HARD-HITTING rugby league teams, extra flights from southern capitals and up to 12,000 screaming fans.
Mackay is buzzing after Friday's announcement of the NRL coming to Virgin Australia Stadium.
Melbourne Storm and the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs will slog it out on our soil come Sunday, June 24.
But it's not just the two mighty teams that will clash that weekend, with the North Queensland Games also scheduled.
Stuart Gibson, manager of North Queensland Sports Foundation which hosts the games, is thrilled with the NRL announcement.
"It's absolutely marvellous for Mackay and wonderful for North Queensland," he said yesterday.
"There are a hell of a lot of advantages to it."
"We will have sport all over the Mackay and Whitsundays area; it will be a fantastic weekend."
Mr Gibson said he was most excited about the NQ Games closing ceremony.
"We are hoping to incorporate the ceremony as half-time entertainment at the stadium," he said.
In the meantime, stadium staff have a huge job on their hands preparing for the ever-growing event.
Virgin Australia Stadium operations manager Clinton Begg said planning the big event was well under way.
He said in conjunction with Virgin Australia, extra flights as well as travel packages were being considered.
"We are looking at travel packages from Sydney and Melbourne; that's an idea we have in the pipeline with Virgin Australia," he said.
On housekeeping issues, Mr Begg said a traffic management plan would be put in place and community groups offered catering roles.
"We are having individuals take care of certain portfolios," he said.
"There will be seating around the whole ground. Public transport will also be available.
"If we do this well we have the opportunity do it for some period of time. It's very important for the region."
Mr Begg said ticket pricing and corporate packages would be announced next week.

http://www.dailymercury.com.au/story/20 ... s-bonanza/