Storm vs woManly

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Your are right he did run in and try to stop the fight. A fight with FIVE men on one, but he is not allowed to come on the field. He is classified and a 14th man on the field. I just hope there is vision of Manly bench players and officals on the field as well. But Waqa prolbem is he was the first person from the bench to run on.
Brian
Squall
Squall

Lets see if B Stewart gets 18 weeks like Danny did a few years ago.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Excuse my ignorance here because I don't know what the rule is, exactly - but does it still count as re-entering the field of play when time is blown off? Surely considering the circumstances (five players all over one player on the ground) they could let Waqa off with a warning. If Brett Stewart hadn't run in trying to clothesline Adam Blair and the other Manly players hadn't run in to tackle him to the ground, Sisa would have had no reason to get in there and pull a Manly player off.
Last edited by absentee on Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just on our bench players, mainly Sisa, if Sanity prevails the fact that he and the others were purely trying to break it up and seeing they only intervened when they saw one of their teammates set upon by four opposition, the strongest course of action you would think is to impose a fine. That said sanity and the NRL are rarely if ever terms that go hand in hand.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Damn it, I edited my post but what I added didn't save. Fortunately I was able to go back a page and copy it from there. Apologies if it ends up just being a glitch and the following ends up appearing above after all.

Okay, I've watched it again. One of our staff on the sideline have their arm out to hold Norrie back. Waqa runs around them and out onto the field as far as the NRL.com paint, then back in close to the touch line and tries to pull a Manly player off. Norrie then gets in right beside him, also trying to pull someone off - but he's standing right on the touch line. At one point Waqa is even trying to pull Norrie back. Manly players start flaring up and try to grab Waqa and Norrie. Lowe and Manu never cross the touch line but try pulling Manly players off once the brawl moves towards them.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

When we go on to win the grand final all the Sydney wankers, I mean commentators, will be saying that this was the loss we had to have.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Absentee: I do not know the rule either. I was told this afternoon by someone with a bit more knowledge that time was off so it should be fine. But the NSW media is making a huge nosie about Waqa running in, but what else is new with the NSW media.

I also just watch the replay again and there is one Manly bench player (his has a black jacket on) also on the field of play.

Just on Fox Sport ist said across the bottom of the screen, Melbourne Storm are launching there own investgation into the brawl never the players race.

If true that will go down well with Gallop, the NRL and the NSW media
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

There is press release on the Melbourne Storm site about their own investigation.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Brian wrote:Lets see if B Stewart gets 18 weeks like Danny did a few years ago.
I just watched a replay of it and Brett should get worse than Danny as he ran further to involve himself that had nothing to do with him.

Danny retaliated to a head slam and ran 10 metres to blind side the Tigers player. Brett ran 40 to 50 metres to carry on a fight that his brother started.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There is only two problems with that. Danny Williams could actually hit and made contact and caused damage for O'Neill. B. Stewart didn't make much if any contact with Blair and NRL will be scared after previous punishment dished out.

I just hope Match review committee is sensible and doesn't decimate our team for the finals. Although like others think that could be the last time we see Blair in a purple jersey.

Waqa on the other hand can say that he come on to help a mate out and he was pulling players out of fight and that it is instinctive not only because he was helping out a teammate in a time of need but also because of his police training. Although NRL will need to make someone a scapegoat.

Hopefully, a sensible decision is reached in that both teams get fined, three or four main protagonists get suspended but not for overly exorbitant amounts and there are no loss of points.

As for Hinchy's elbow if Lussick wasn't so soft, in normal circumstances Hinchcliffe would have played the ball and the game would have continued. Isn't it funny that originally (before the brawl) Hayne penalised Manly for Lussick's b!tch slap? If Hinchy gets suspended that is a joke.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Press release by Storm condoning incident is a good idea, has possibility of potentially receiving lesser penalties because of it. Normally (in court of law at least) if you show remorse you normally get a lower penalty.

Anyway we will see what NRL comes up with tomorrow.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Funny thing about brawl is B. Stewart apparently hurt his knee when he went racing in to try and smash in Blair's head.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I can understand if Storm bench players would be in big trouble had they actually been fighting or making aggressive contact. However the footage clearly shows them trying to stop the players involved. If anything a fine for entering the pitch, but they certainly couldn't be accused of anything else. This isn't the NBA with bench players throwing punches etcetc.

The real issue is here is Brett Stewart attacking the head of Adam Blair who quickly goes to ground before being assaulted by 5 manly gimps.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

absentee wrote:Excuse my ignorance here because I don't know what the rule is, exactly - but does it still count as re-entering the field of play when time is blown off? Surely considering the circumstances (five players all over one player on the ground) they could let Waqa off with a warning. If Brett Stewart hadn't run in trying to clothesline Adam Blair and the other Manly players hadn't run in to tackle him to the ground, Sisa would have had no reason to get in there and pull a Manly player off.
when you put it like that, i can see why he should get suspended :lol:
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

storming wrote:
absentee wrote:Excuse my ignorance here because I don't know what the rule is, exactly - but does it still count as re-entering the field of play when time is blown off? Surely considering the circumstances (five players all over one player on the ground) they could let Waqa off with a warning. If Brett Stewart hadn't run in trying to clothesline Adam Blair and the other Manly players hadn't run in to tackle him to the ground, Sisa would have had no reason to get in there and pull a Manly player off.
when you put it like that, i can see why he should get suspended :lol:
You know, I actually thought what I wrote could be read that way but I decided to leave it in. I guess trusting in the maturity of the posters here was the real mistake. :wink: