Storm fans

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

grew up in a AFL family in wagga, started playing it when i was 4, and continued through into seniors. so i was never a NRL fan, until i went to state of origin at the MCG in 1995, and from there i slowly started paying more attention to league games. when storm entered the comp me and my cousin decided that they will be our team. ever since ive slowly changed into a league fan and now rarely watch AFL at all
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Born and Bred in Wigan,weened on Rugby League,was basically forced to follow a Sydney team when we first arrived here,until the emergence of The Storm and the rest as they say is history.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I had a friend in high school who was into it. He took me along to a couple of games in '99 and '00. I continuued to go to the odd game for a few years and in '07/'08 I became a member, have hardly missed a home game since.
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

Born & bred in NSW (Blech) I grew up with League in my veins. Was a Bears supporter from when I could 1st walk & talk apparently 'til they perished in the War Of '97! My gf at the time followed League along with me but had no specific team 'til the Storm were introduced & she wanted to support them. I took them on as my 2nd side. Then when the Norths/Manly merger came along I sorta lost interest in them & was more worried about Storm's results & the rest is history as obv the merger fell over, Norths folded & I was left w'out my #1 team. Been a Storm fan ever since & hate hearing anything bad about the club. My current gf is also a Storm supporter so all is gd in that household as there is no rift team-wise (not the case when it comes to AFL as she is a Carlton supporter & Im an Essendon supporter)...
Melbourne & Bears
Squall
Squall

This is actually quite convenient for my first post. I won't post a introduction thread because of this current thread.

I was a North Sydney Bears diehard member growing up and into my adult life, losing my Bears to that terrible excuse of a merger was tough, one of the toughest things I've ever had to get through and tested my loyalty to the game of Rugby League. I did not support the merger and was happy when it ended thus ending any connecting between my great club and Manly. Unfortunately Manly were awarded the NRL license and a license was not given to the Bears. I support the Central Coast Bears NRL bid. As my name suggest, and the reason why I'm here, I turn my support to the Melbourne Storm. They were a club that were 1 year old when Norths exited the NRL and during that 1998 season I paid a lot of interest in rugby league in Victoria and in particular the Storm's progress. In 1999 I found myself cheering the Storm on and eventually admitted I become a supporter of the Storm after about 5 rounds of season '99. I have been a Storm fan ever since.

A question that usually gets asked of me is 'would you go back to supporting the Bears if the Central Coast Bears NRL bid is successful?' my answer to this question has always been "yes, of course I would support the Bears and their existence in Rugby League on the Central Coast, except for when they play the Storm boys".

I've only just joined this site because I've only just found at about the site, from my mate. He is also on and new(ish) to this site, onlooker.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I've only just joined this site because I've only just found at about the site, from my mate. He is also on and new(ish) to this site, onlooker.
Welcome M & B ;D & thanx 'onlooker' for spreading the word 8)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
onlooker
Squall
Squall

Bourbon Rat wrote:
Welcome M & B ;D & thanx 'onlooker' for spreading the word 8)
No worries mate, the more Storm fans on here the better.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

For some reason, I seem to remember at one point during the 90s liking the Bulldogs. I can't say for sure why that was but I'm guessing they were playing when I first saw rugby league. When things started up in Melbourne and I became more exposed to rugby league, I was probably more a fan of the Storm than the sport as a whole. I remember thinking Marcus Bai was amazing and I loved how fast he was. After the win in 1999 (which I was very excited about), I slowly started losing interest in sport altogether - but that had more to do with being a depressed, moody teenager than anything else. Once that passed, my interest in the Storm returned and I started going to games on a semi-regular basis. In 2009 I became a member for the first time and I haven't missed a home game since.