2011 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great news about Tohu, I'm a massive wrap for him
My wife and I welcome our new daughter Arwynn into the world
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

just got a text from a bulldogs fan, he said the new rumour is the players in the betting scandal will be de-listed on monday after the GF. heres hoping its not true about our backrower or any of the others really!! what backrowers are left to sign if its true?
Last edited by storming on Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i got the same text a few days ago and ***** IS NOT one of the people who is involved

good point j-storm didnt think about that i deleted most of what i said but left the above
Last edited by sallymay on Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Michael :P wrote: Maipele Morseu has signed for Newcastle   :(
Oh no.  Very upset to hear that.  :( :(
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

People should be reminded to watch whose name they are throwing around in public in relation to this matter as it's now an investigation. You wouldn't think much would come of doing it but it's not worth the risk of getting the Bai Stand shutdown or spoken to about rumours & slander (as nothing has been proven yet seeing as it's just that, a rumour)... & anyway, shouldn't this be in another section, it has nothing really to do with our official signings etc for next year...
Last edited by J-Storm on Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i edited what i said i agree with u j-storm not a good thing to be gosssiping aabout

BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Chip wrote: They might  but he'd have to have worked really hard & played really good to earn that!  He's still able to play U20s for 2 more years (doesn't turn 20 until january 2012) so he'll start off playing U20s next year but will be training full time with the FG team until they think he's developed enough.  So it could happen like that...
Under 20s are not allowed to train fulltime, if he is playing 20s he will have to have a job or be at college. But if he plays more premier than 20s I beleive he might be able to train fulltime then.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

BigG wrote:
Chip wrote: They might  but he'd have to have worked really hard & played really good to earn that!  He's still able to play U20s for 2 more years (doesn't turn 20 until january 2012) so he'll start off playing U20s next year but will be training full time with the FG team until they think he's developed enough.  So it could happen like that...
Under 20s are not allowed to train fulltime, if he is playing 20s he will have to have a job or be at college. But if he plays more premier than 20s I beleive he might be able to train fulltime then.
Probably should read 'training with the fulltime FG team'?  And the elibility for the U20s for next 2 yrs was to explain to Hughzy he can play in that grade for the next 2 yrs if he doesn't make the grade when he debuts etc- bit ambiguous reading it back & i was trying to make it clear!  Storm have sorted what he will be doing outside of training.
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Chip wrote:
BigG wrote:
I'm hearing ya Chip

Probably should read 'training with the fulltime FG team'?  And the elibility for the U20s for next 2 yrs was to explain to Hughzy he can play in that grade for the next 2 yrs if he doesn't make the grade when he debuts etc- bit ambiguous reading it back & i was trying to make it clear!  Storm have sorted what he will be doing outside of training.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

BigG wrote: Under 20s are not allowed to train fulltime, if he is playing 20s he will have to have a job or be at college. But if he plays more premier than 20s I beleive he might be able to train fulltime then.
If its a senior contract, which I beleive it is (?,) he can train full-time but still play NYC.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

It is a senior contract 
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Michael :P wrote:
BigG wrote: Under 20s are not allowed to train fulltime, if he is playing 20s he will have to have a job or be at college. But if he plays more premier than 20s I beleive he might be able to train fulltime then.
If its a senior contract, which I beleive it is (?,) he can train full-time but still play NYC.
This is a piece taken from the NRL Induction for all players who will play Toyota Cup.

Rather that crush the dreams of these kids, the NRL works hard to make the player relise that not every one will play for Australia and that they have an excellent opportunity to use these new life skills in every day life and in their work place.

As part of their contracts, the players must study or work at least from Tuesday to Thursday, to prepare for life after football, said Buettner.

"We've implemented mandated non-training hours Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday where they are not allowed to train during business hours.

"It is why we have emphasised the importance of education and welfare for players by encouraging players to be in either study or employment opportunities.

The NRL is conscious of players' limited career span and how easily injuries can shorten that.

"When you use the term thrown to the scrapheap that's the way professional sport is," Buettner said.

"Unfortunately if you do get some career-ending injury, then clubs will do their very best to support and help out but you're no longer any value on the field."

We have had U20 players on full senior contracts that have had to go through the above, they had to attend Swinburne Uni. Having a senior contract does not mean you will make it and the NRL brought in the rules to make sure the players that do not have something to fall back on. Look at the players we have had to offload this year who came up from the U20s!
hughzy
Squall
Squall

does anyone have any news on waqa nd how his progressing?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

last i heard he went back to sydney

hughzy
Squall
Squall

sallymay wrote: last i heard he went back to sydney
thnx so wont he play for us nxt yr?