likely 2011 lineup according to big league!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
hughzy
Squall
Squall

1.billy slater                                    2.matt duffie                                3.dane neilson                                4.justin oneil                                  5.anthony quinn                              6.luke kelly                                    7.cooper cronk                                8.jesse bromwhich                          9.cameron smith                            10.adam woolnough                        11.kevin proctor                              12.sika manu                                  13.adam blair                                  14.hinchy                                        15.todd lowrie                                16.bryan norrie                              17.chase stanley                              for starters bryan norrie will be a starting prop n i thought there would be a nuther prop on the bench in 17 what are ur thoughts?
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chase will either be starting or not in the side and Im perfectly happy with Bromwich starting if he proves he's up to it ore-season.

And the signs have been good.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No chance of running out with Hinchy and Chase on the bench... I agree Norrie will start.  I think our prop rotation will be Norrie and Kite/Bromwich... Woolnough bench
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

And a left centre payed in beer and ciggys?
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

hughzy wrote: 1.billy slater                                    2.matt duffie                                3.dane neilson                                 4.justin oneil                                  5.anthony quinn                              6.luke kelly                                     7.cooper cronk                                8.jesse bromwhich                          9.cameron smith                             10.adam woolnough                         11.kevin proctor                              12.sika manu                                   13.adam blair                                  14.hinchy                                        15.todd lowrie                                 16.bryan norrie                               17.chase stanley                               for starters bryan norrie will be a starting prop n i thought there would be a nuther prop on the bench in 17 what are ur thoughts?
1) Stanley will be in the centres hence forcing Quinn out
2) Kelly is not guaranteed the 6
3) Proctor will not start from the bench
4) Lowrie will play lock
5) Bromwich wont start
6) Troy Thompson will be in the 17
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

I reckon Widdop will be developed as a 6. Kelly will stand in if either widdop or cronk out (origin). Likewise Stanley and Lowrie will be an 18th man. Why buy Thompson and Woolnough if you're not going to use them. Why start Norrie off the bench? He may play SOO next year?? When o'Neil bulks up he'll be better than GI, so will undoibtably play centre.

My top 17 will look something like this;

Slater
Duffy
Neilson
O'Neil
Quinn
Widdop
Cronk
Norrie
Smith
Kite
Manu
Blair
Hinchcliffe

Bromwich
Woolnough
Proctor
Thompson
Last edited by Go Storm on Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

:?]
hughzy
Squall
Squall

wat happens if we sign waqa he would deffinatly be in our top 17!
hughzy
Squall
Squall

actually is there any news on waqa signing with us yet?
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

O'Neill will never be better than Inglis. For the last time Hughzy lol, Stan will be given the off-season to trim down and get in shape. You'll atleast see him in the NSW Cup side if he can manage to shed the kg's.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Monsoon
Monsoon

Justin O'Neill is a quality player, was easily our best last week, i think he has all the traits to make a devastating NRL centre. But GI he ain't.
hughzy
Squall
Squall

:x
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't know what the actual line up will be, but, I would like to see this:

1.Slater
2.Duffie
3.Nielsen
4.Widdop
5.O'Niell
6.Kelly
7.Cronk
8.Norrie
9.Smith (c)
10.Kite/Bromwich
11.Manu
12.Blair
13.Hinchcliffe
14.Kite/Bromwich
15.Thompson/Woolnough
16.Proctor
17.Kostjasyn
My wife and I welcome our new daughter Arwynn into the world
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought Widdop looked to struggle positionally in the centres last week... don't think that's where we'll see him at anywhere near his best.
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

steaming stormer wrote: I thought Widdop looked to struggle positionally in the centres last week... don't think that's where we'll see him at anywhere near his best.
I agree. O'Neil would be much better suited to play centre. Especially as he bulks up he will be very hard to stop. He's already got some good defense qualities. A bit more size will see this improve too. Widdop would make a great ball player and I reckon they'll give him a go at 6. Kelly's too small I reckon to adequately defend  as a 6. He'll get run over too often