2011 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

Top updated, keep the info coming or point out any mistakes/changes.

:D
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i wonder if one of the signing from other club would be blake fergerson

blake wants out from the sharks since ricky left and ricky is mates with craig put two and two together mmm and he would be cheap maybe
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Names mentioned as possible front-row recruits are St George Illawarra's Junior Paulo, his younger brother Joseph Paulo of Penrith and emerging Sydney Roosters forward Martin Kennedy

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 113et.html

Your going to use Inglis money on that.......really  ???
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would prefer we pick up David Gower from Balmain Ryde Tigers or Aaron Sweeney from Windsor Wolves.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote: I would prefer we pick up David Gower from Balmain Ryde Tigers or Aaron Sweeney from Windsor Wolves.
Gower just signed for the Dragons unfortunately.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Noa Nadruku wrote:
Names mentioned as possible front-row recruits are St George Illawarra's Junior Paulo, his younger brother Joseph Paulo of Penrith and emerging Sydney Roosters forward Martin Kennedy

What are you talking about? 2 of the 3 named in Joseph and  Martin both have enormous potential and recent Aus School boys in the past 3 years. This really could be a blessing in disguise as they are both future rep players.

What do you expect though, use Inglis's money to sign another big name player?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Paulos and Kennedy do show promise but I suggested Gower or Sweeney because I think we may need a couple of mature forwards who can play straight away a la Tandy and Norre the last couple of years just in case the young promising forwards such as Bromwich, Kite, Vea etc don't step up as quickly as we need or lack a bit of consistency.

Shattered that Gower has been signed by the Dragons. He was NSW Cup player of the year last year and was one of the best in NSW residents team this year.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Troy Thompson would be a good pick-up, Greg Eastwood would be even better. I wouldnt mind enquiring about Buddy Gordon either.

Also a few Sg Ball and NYC players who are due to arrive here for next season

Jesse Parete, NZ - 18 next year, 6"4", 105 KG (atm). SG Ball eligable but think he do what Tohu did this year.
Isaac Robinson, NZ - 18 in '11, center or winger. May play SG Ball, will be a squad NYC player at first I think
Ryan Pooley - Been on the Storms books for a while. Can play from center to FB, NYC player I think

and

Pride Peterson Robati (NZ) - Only 16 next year but coming over to play SG Ball. Storm will take there time with him and may not want to play him in NYC but apparently he is one right out of the box. Playing and dominating agaisnt kids 3 years older then him this year.
Last edited by Noa Nadruku on Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Noa Nadruku wrote: Troy Thompson would be a good pick-up, Greg Eastwood would be even better. I wouldnt mind enquiring about Buddy Gordon either.

Also a few Sg Ball and NYC players who are due to arrive here for next season

Jesse Parete, NZ - 18 next year, 6"4", 105 KG (atm). SG Ball eligable but think he do what Tohu did this year.
Isaac Robinson, NZ - 18 in '11, center or winger. May play SG Ball, will be a squad NYC player at first I think
Ryan Pooley - Been on the Storms books for a while. Can play from center to FB, NYC player I think

and

Pride Peterson Robati (NZ) - Only 16 next year but coming over to play SG Ball. Storm will take there time with him and may not want to play him in NYC but apparently he is one right out of the box. Playing and dominating agaisnt kids 3 years older then him this year.
The only thing about Buddy or Eastwood is that they would be commanding around 200k and I dont know if we would have that much money to offer?
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Freshy wrote:
Noa Nadruku wrote:

What are you talking about? 2 of the 3 named in Joseph and  Martin both have enormous potential and recent Aus School boys in the past 3 years. This really could be a blessing in disguise as they are both future rep players.

I want it used on a seasoned first-grade forward and then a back for depth, if we did sign one of them Kennedy is the only one Id want. Imo we have enough squad back-rowers in Rogers, Rochow, Vaea, Lowrie and Tohu Harris (who I think will play first grade next year) and, touch wood, Louis Fanene.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

do u think louis will stay noa???

Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Noa Nadruku wrote:
Freshy wrote:
Noa Nadruku wrote: .

I want it used on a seasoned first-grade forward and then a back for depth, if we did sign one of them Kennedy is the only one Id want. Imo we have enough squad back-rowers in Rogers, Rochow, Vaea, Lowrie and Tohu Harris (who I think will play first grade next year) and, touch wood, Louis Fanene.
Fair enough, lkeep in mind though that Tohu still is eligible for NYC for a couple of years. Hes 19, maybe too soon to blood a backrower in FG considering he hasnt fully developed physically.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote: do u think louis will stay noa???
To answer your question yes Louis is staying
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

kool ive loved louis for years :laugh:

Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Freshy wrote:
Noa Nadruku wrote:
Freshy wrote: What are you talking about? 2 of the 3 named in Joseph and  Martin both have enormous potential and recent Aus School boys in the past 3 years. This really could be a blessing in disguise as they are both future rep players.

Fair enough, lkeep in mind though that Tohu still is eligible for NYC for a couple of years. Hes 19, maybe too soon to blood a backrower in FG considering he hasnt fully developed physically.
It may only be a game or 2 and will depend on injuries but I can definately see Tohu getting a run next year. Strength wise he'll be ready after another off-season and comparing him too Proctor, Sika, Adam, Hoff and Robbie Rochow who all made there debuts around the same age, he's more advanced physically then they were.