O'Neill and Norrie re-sign for 2 years

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Ice wrote: Excellent news. Let the re-building begin   :D

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/m ... 5899045496

MELBOURNE Storm have beaten off at least three rival NRL clubs to retain gun teenage winger Justin O’Neill after he agreed to a new two-year contract. And in further good news for the club, veteran prop Bryan Norrie has also agreed to stay in Melbourne for another two years.

While most talk has been about which players could be forced out of the embattled club, officials have been deep in discussions with several players about keeping them. It’s expected the club could make some more announcements next week about further re-signings.

O’Neill, who scored a hat-trick of tries in just his second NRL game in Round 15, was being heavily pursued by the Bulldogs, Roosters and North Queensland Cowboys. But the Townsville native opted to stay with Melbourne.
I thought he was only 27ish, jeeez if he's a veteran, there's a few senior citizens running around the NRL.
brst forward this year for us (along side hincliffe who is my new favourite player)
just my opinions......critique them, don't criticise me!!!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Now these blokes are CLASS acts.....

O'Neill could get a sh%tload more coin elsewhere but by all reports he wanted to stay in Melbourne and play with Storm.

Norrie....has repais the faith that Mr Bellamy has put in him...he would be on low coin you'd think, but he is GRATEFUL for the chnace to play 1st grade league.

I love 'em both....bless 'em....
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Great news  =D>
Not a sure sign that Whitey is leaving just yet.

The wind of change is blowing.
May it become a whirlwind that others reap.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And to think Norrie was captain/coach at a country RL team before being picked up.
That's what I love about this club.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Norrie is one of my favourite players so I'm over the moon.  He needs to keep his hair long - so I can pick him out on the field!

Also O'Neill is a good winger who knows how to take advantage of his opportunities.

No news on Neilson though . . .
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Finally some good news. Great to hear and hopefully the first couple of many to come. For me I hope it`s confirmation of Sika next ;D ;D [-o< [-o< [-o<
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I want Neilson to sign quickly.
Still I will have a spring in my step as I trudge from the MCG a quarter time on Sunday - onlt to make a mad dash back for the last quarter when our win against the Raiders is complete.
Yes, I am passionate about my Tigers and my Storm.
2012 premiers. Legit.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Mauritian wrote:
Noa Nadruku wrote: Good news btw, always been a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE fan of Norrie.
And he hasn't even done a Melbourne Storm Pre Season yet.  Next year he will be even better.  Good on O'neill too I'm sure it would have been tempting to go home.
I dont think he will but he doesnt need to be. He just needs to supply leadership to the VERY young prop rotation we will have. Which btw is why Sika needs to play more prop next year.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

At last some good news to read for a change.

Now fingers crossed for Sika, Blair, Duffie  and Neilson to resign.
madstorm
Squall
Squall

both Sika and Blair still have another year in their contracts.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

madstorm wrote: both Sika and Blair still have another year in their contracts.
Yes I know, perhaps I should have said I want them to remain with the club.
madstorm
Squall
Squall

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/l ... 10zra.html
Well looks like we should be able to keep sika and Blair, they play well for us and with the departure of Hoffman, Lima, maybe white, maybe Quinn. There would also be a few other lower level players go, we would surely be able to keep them.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Woo hoo, great news. I did say when we first signed Norrie that he would be as solid as our other 60 game recruit Luke MacDougall. He has been far better. Norrie was always going to stay because we saved his NRL career. Norrie just puts his hand up and keeps asking for work.

Great to see O'Neill stay as well particularly when the Roosters and Bulldogs were throwing their cheque books about and the Cowboys offered the lure of going home.
brewer
Squall
Squall

Noa Nadruku wrote: Good news btw, always been a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE fan of Norrie.
Noa Nadruku wrote: Id go for Kali but you can be sure though Bellamy will go for N...go for N....go for N-n-n-orrie  :puke:

#-o
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote: Woo hoo, great news. I did say when we first signed Norrie that he would be as solid as our other 60 game recruit Luke MacDougall. He has been far better. Norrie was always going to stay because we saved his NRL career. Norrie just puts his hand up and keeps asking for work.

Great to see O'Neill stay as well particularly when the Roosters and Bulldogs were throwing their cheque books about and the Cowboys offered the lure of going home.
Norrie was always going to stay because we saved his NRL career  T

They saved Tandys but he quickly jumped ship and there would of been no doubt he would have been kept next year