Greg Inglis to Brisbane

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Oh Noa I know how you feel, 3/4 of my family are Broncos supporters and they've been giving it to me all week.
I would love nothing more than a different outcome.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

OK Bellamy, change of opinion

lima lima lima duck the forwards, thats just your conservative nature coming through, get GI to stay his last 2 years and then get Sally pregnant (Greg that is, not you Belly-ache) so he signs another contract.

Go with a pack next year of

08. Norrie
09. Smith
10. Kite (or Sika if we can manage it)
11. Kev Proctor
12. Atalea Vaea/ Louie Fanene
13. Billy Rogers

Let them cop there licks the first half of the year to get them ready for the 2nd half. Maybe its the Mezcal talking but make it so.
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Noa Nadruku wrote: OK Bellamy, change of opinion

*LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!* the forwards, thats just your conservative nature coming through, get GI to stay his last 2 years and then get Sally pregnant (Greg that is, not you Belly-ache) so he signs another contract.

Go with a pack next year of

08. Norrie
09. Smith
10. Kite (or Sika if we can manage it)
11. Kev Proctor
12. Atalea Vaea/ Louie Fanene
13. Billy Rogers

What would your bench be?

Let them cop there licks the first half of the year to get them ready for the 2nd half. Maybe its the Mezcal talking but make it so.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There still pretty adamant on the Parra boards that Cronk is a chance. Say he was up there the past week looking at facilities
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Noa Nadruku wrote: There still pretty adamant on the Parra boards that Cronk is a chance. Say he was up there the past week looking at facilities
IMHO opinion, this move would really hurt the Storm more than losing Inglis.

Can't see how or WHY this would happen...unless the Club seriously knows that the Inglis deal will not be happening.

Cooper is still contracted isn't he......so he can't just walk...he would have to be pushed out.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote:
Cooper is still contracted isn't he......so he can't just walk...he would have to be pushed out.
Exzachary.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

When was he meant to fly to Sydney and do this this?
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Rumour number 2556

Just ignore the other boards, the papers, and wait till the list
is finialised.... amazing how many people labeled our players as
cheats, but are now the same seagulls hovering for a player.

Cooper is not going anywhere........ :lol: 
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Let me put things in context.
With the independents on board.
There was little chance of our core group being decimated,(even though Gallop's continual battle cry was "The talent will be spread around"
With the independents gone & News Ltd in total control
G.I. Is continually linked to Brisbane,(The 'other' News Ltd team)
Cronk is continually linked to the Parrasites
And Gallop is 'More than happy to 'help' Storm fit under the cap for 2011'

Did you expect anything else  :?

And if it all goes pear shaped - Well News now have a new fall guy at the helm right  ;-)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Monsoon
Monsoon

Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy admits losing Greg Inglis will hurt like hell By David Riccio From:The Sunday Telegraph July 25, 201012:01AMIncrease Text SizeDecrease Text SizePrintEmailShare Painful break-up ... Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy (right) says he will be devastated if star centre Greg Inglis leaves the Storm and joins the Broncos. Source:Herald SunCRAIG Bellamy has broken his silence on the Greg Inglis contract saga, admitting losing the Test centre to the Brisbane Broncos would break his heart. The besieged Storm coach said he was planning to put up a fight to keep Inglis in Melbourne , but he confirmed the final decision would remain with the superstar centre."He's contracted to the Melbourne Storm, I want him to stay, but at the end of the day we'll be doing what's best for Greg and also the Melbourne Storm," Bellamy told The Sunday Telegraph."It's certainly not easy on anyone and it's something I've tried not to think about too much, to be honest, probably for obvious reasons."He's been with the Storm for what seems longer than five seasons, so if he was [to leave] it would hurt like hell."Inglis' bid to link with the Broncos is being restricted by red tape. A meeting between the Melbourne Storm and NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert, which is expected to take place in the next week, will ultimately determine whether the Storm have the latitude under the salary cap to keep the Test centre on their books for 2011.A significant offer from the Gold Coast Titans, expected to be received by Inglis today, has also added more pressure on Melbourne to make a call on the centre's future.But the biggest dilemma facing Inglis is the likelihood of leaving Bellamy - and his teammates.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/m ... 5896473081

A chance bellyache might keep GI in melbourne?
storm_man
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Interesting watching GI's body language in the post match lap. He seemed to be going through the motions, having photos with kids and families but not smiling, signing autographs almost reluctantly and pretty much looking disinterested. Perhaps that seems harsh, but all I'm eluding to is that it seems like his minds elsewhere right now. In saying that, I hope to god he stays.
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

I think Inglis played one of his best games of the season. He was very strong in defence and made some good runs. I got the feeling though that it was his last game for the Storm and he wanted to put in a good effort for the very last time.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yea and the rumor on Friday was the he had been dropped and wasn't going to play on Saturday because he had signed with the Broncos. 

But wait he did play and now it is his last game for the Storm

These posts are becoming as the Daily Telegraph with the rubbish that is printed.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1999 wrote: Melbourne Storm coach Craig Bellamy admits losing Greg Inglis will hurt like hell By David Riccio From:The Sunday Telegraph July 25, 201012:01AMIncrease Text SizeDecrease Text SizePrintEmailShare Painful break-up ... Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy (right) says he will be devastated if star centre Greg Inglis leaves the Storm and joins the Broncos. Source:Herald SunCRAIG Bellamy has broken his silence on the Greg Inglis contract saga, admitting losing the Test centre to the Brisbane Broncos would break his heart. The besieged Storm coach said he was planning to put up a fight to keep Inglis in Melbourne , but he confirmed the final decision would remain with the superstar centre."He's contracted to the Melbourne Storm, I want him to stay, but at the end of the day we'll be doing what's best for Greg and also the Melbourne Storm," Bellamy told The Sunday Telegraph."It's certainly not easy on anyone and it's something I've tried not to think about too much, to be honest, probably for obvious reasons."He's been with the Storm for what seems longer than five seasons, so if he was [to leave] it would hurt like hell."Inglis' bid to link with the Broncos is being restricted by red tape. A meeting between the Melbourne Storm and NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert, which is expected to take place in the next week, will ultimately determine whether the Storm have the latitude under the salary cap to keep the Test centre on their books for 2011.A significant offer from the Gold Coast Titans, expected to be received by Inglis today, has also added more pressure on Melbourne to make a call on the centre's future.But the biggest dilemma facing Inglis is the likelihood of leaving Bellamy - and his teammates.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/m ... 5896473081

A chance bellyache might keep GI in melbourne?
Bellamy or Henjak; I know who I'd rather be getting coached by!
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:
Bellamy or Henjak; I know who I'd rather be getting coached by!
That is the ONLY thing that Inglis should be considering in his decision. There is a lot of life to live after rugby league finishes.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time