Legal dispute "Resolved"....

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

A sad end to independence for our club.  I guess the moral for the little kids out there is that in the end, the big corporations will always win.

However - it's not a message I want my kids to learn.  News Limited have shown their true colours here. 

They will never act in our interest. 
They will never support the fans, members, players, coaches and staff. 
They will never prioritise growth in junior development of Rugby League. 
They will never do anything other than act in the interest of their News Limited shareholders (Though I doubt even the shareholders' interests were being acted on over the last six years of salary cap cheating by their own employees).

I've had a gutfull of News Limited.  They can piss off.  If the Storm can't stand on its own feet, then so be it.  They've brought unforgivable shame to this great club that may takes years to fully repair.

http://www.theage.com.au/rugby-league/l ... 10mdg.html
Melbourne Storm drops legal case against NRL

Legal action between Melbourne Storm and the NRL has been resolved in Victoria's Supreme Court today.

In a two-minute hearing before Justice Tony Pagone, Storm's lawyer Leon Zwier said the dispute between the parties had "been resolved".

"The parent-subsiduary and half brother are now in agreement. We are now one big happy family," Mr Zwier told the court.

Justice Pagone asked if that meant the action had now been brought to an end, to which Mr Zwier said yes.

Michael O'Bryan, for the NRL, and a legal representative from Valamanda, the operating arm of News Limited, also confirmed the conclusion of the legal battle.

The parties agreed by consent that proceedings be discontinued and that Storm pay the NRL's costs of proceedings.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY - IVE BEEN ABSOLUTELY GUTTED SINCE THIS HAS HAPPENED HOW AM I HAPPY
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Who is happy..??  Not the fans/members or players..  What a joke!
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

Absolute disgrace. You can't beat the almighty dollar.
Monsoon
Monsoon

- Rats cleared out (check)
- New CEO appointed (check)
- Players cleared of involvement (check)
- Legal action dropped (check)
- Players released for 2011 bar confirmation of GI (check)

F*** this off field soap opera, hopefully its over and we can get back to some footy talk, news will exit the game with time, and ATM they are footing all our bills, lets bleed em dry i reckon.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

ONE BIG INCESTUOUS  FAMILY  :roll:

And it would appear that some "legal problem" have not been resolved.
Last night, however, News said it would not be releasing the terms of reference. It also emerged yesterday that ASIC had sought a copy of the Deloitte report into the Storm.
I guess News Ltd will be releasing a FULL version of the report & it's 'terms of reference' after all.Or do they consider themselves above this countries business laws ?
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I reckon The Bai Stand members should throw the BIGGEST freakin celebration party on the day that Gossip & Inneundo Ltd confirm that they are selling Melbourne Storm.

$10 from everyone will get us a nice venue,.....plenty of alcohol and food and we throw the MOTHER of all PARTIES.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Storm Spirit wrote: I reckon The Bai Stand members should throw the BIGGEST freakin celebration party on the day that Gossip & Inneundo Ltd confirm that they are selling Melbourne Storm.

$10 from everyone will get us a nice venue,.....plenty of alcohol and food and we throw the MOTHER of all PARTIES.
I second that :brave:
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

In hindsight the ind. directors should have kept quiet till the Storm was sold.
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Read the AGE tomorrow. Then come to the march from Federation Square and I can share everything with all of you.
Scott Hill and Robbie Ross - The Best

GALLOP + THE NRL = THE REAL CHEATS

Hartigan and Wilson present:
Gauci and Gallop - The newest Muppets

News Ltd = The death of Rugby League
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote: I reckon The Bai Stand members should throw the BIGGEST freakin celebration party on the day that Gossip & Inneundo Ltd confirm that they are selling Melbourne Storm.

I'll bring the effigy of DUI Beccy to burn. Someone else bring Hartigan and whoever else deserves burning in effigy!
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

May not happen for ten years or so but eventually the Storms names will go back up in the records. Eventually when the IC comes in and League is again standing on its own 2 feet the new CEO and commission will come to the decsion that the whole thing was a shemozzle.