Judgement Day

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

So I wonder whats gonna happen to Peter O'Sullivan and Cameron Vale.

Are the Roosters gonna get looked into???
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Regarding the court case - my thoughts have changed. Based on the figures identified in both 07 and 09, whilst I believe due process was not followed, I don't think we can argue the penalties are just unfortunately.  
As has been mentioned, even if the case was upheld on that principle, the same outcome, or worse possibly, would be the punishment under the due process now that this information has come to hand.

As for the 5 managers named... Matt Hansen, I was right with my initial theory.  To come out and pretend you were some kind of semi hero who was righting the ship is a disgrace.
Cameron Vale - complete denial, now proof you were involved, including the email to Gerry Ryan... wonder how North Melbourne are travelling with this information.

Best part of this in my opinion is that it has been referred to the fraud squad to investigate... that's what I like
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

forgot O'Sullivan - how's your reputation and position at the Roosters now??
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Many Super thanks Bec.
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

J-Storm wrote: I actually have to agree with Jelly. I think the sooner the court case is dropped, the sooner we as a club can try to work with the NRL to work out some way of co-operate on getting players to take pay cuts to help. All the ongoing stuff is just going to make it harder & it's not worthwhile for the simple fact as Jelly said, we were over the cap, we did cheat, we were dealt our punishment. There's nothing more to be gained there IMO. Just get it out of the way to focus for the future because this year & the previous couple can't be changed now. I just want the club settled again so it can move forward rather than deal with this screw up on a day to day basis like we have been since April 22nd...

There's nothing whatsoever stopping the club from working with the NRL regardless of whether the directors continue with the court case. It's not a simple case of just winning or losing, it's a matter of principle and while principles might not be important to you (which is fair enough and your prerogative) they're important to me and obviously the 4 directors who are fighting for the cause. Lets not forget why they initiated it in the first place, that was because they had the full backing of the coaches, players and countless members.

If the truth be known i don't think we should or will get the premierships back either but for me it's not just all about that. Even a murderer isn't sent straight to jail when the facts are undeniable that he committed the crime, he's given a trial where all all evidence is heard first and only then a decision is made. You might think it's a waste of time to go through it with the right processes which is again fair enough but even if the same result occurs then at the very least it'll be done the right way this time.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Ice wrote:
J-Storm wrote: I actually have to agree with Jelly. I think the sooner the court case is dropped, the sooner we as a club can try to work with the NRL to work out some way of co-operate on getting players to take pay cuts to help. All the ongoing stuff is just going to make it harder & it's not worthwhile for the simple fact as Jelly said, we were over the cap, we did cheat, we were dealt our punishment. There's nothing more to be gained there IMO. Just get it out of the way to focus for the future because this year & the previous couple can't be changed now. I just want the club settled again so it can move forward rather than deal with this screw up on a day to day basis like we have been since April 22nd...

There's nothing whatsoever stopping the club from working with the NRL regardless of whether the directors continue with the court case. It's not a simple case of just winning or losing, it's a matter of principle and while principles might not be important to you (which is fair enough and your prerogative) they're important to me and obviously the 4 directors who are fighting for the cause. Lets not forget why they initiated it in the first place, that was because they had the full backing of the coaches, players and countless members.

If the truth be known i don't think we should or will get the premierships back either but for me it's not just all about that. Even a murderer isn't sent straight to jail when the facts are undeniable that he committed the crime, he's given a trial where all all evidence is heard first and only then a decision is made. You might think it's a waste of time to go through it with the right processes which is again fair enough but even if the same result occurs then at the very least it'll be done the right way this time.
lima lima lima duck well said!!!!!!!!! I agree with that statement right down to the last word. It's the principle that matters. And besides, News has just made the Independent directors to look silly. Their reputation and credibility is ruined yet their the ones who are doing the right thing.
StormBec
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

CaptainKlutz wrote: So I wonder whats gonna happen to Peter O'Sullivan and Cameron Vale.

Are the Roosters gonna get looked into???
Ha! I highly doubt it.... double standards for Sydney teams you know  :x
[img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o198/stormbec/banner-new.jpg[/img]
StormBec
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

CaptainKlutz wrote: Many Super thanks Bec.
You're welcome :)
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

So were were over by 3.17 million from 2006.

$1 million over in 2010 and 1.3 million over in 2011. That adds up to $2.3 million.

That means between 2006 and 2009 we were $870,000 over or $217,500 per season. Is that all??!!

Give us back our Premierships you K*UNTS!!!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

2011 doesn't count.  The $3.17m is from 2006 to the end of the current season.
You had me at meat tornado.
StormBec
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

billythekidslater wrote: So were were over by 3.17 million from 2006.

$1 million over in 2010 and 1.3 million over in 2011. That adds up to $2.3 million.

That means between 2006 and 2009 we were $870,000 over or $217,500 per season. Is that all??!!

Give us back our Premierships you K*UNTS!!!
$500,000.00 in 2007
$1,000,000.00 in 2009
over $1,000,000.00 in 2010
2011 is not counted in this figure of $3.17 million
so in 2006 and 2008 we would have been over approximately $670,00.00 in total (would be less taking into account we are more the $1mil over this year but no exact figure given). So average for 06 and 08 would be around $335,000.00.
If you want to average it out over the 5 years it is $634,000.00 per year.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Wow!
$1mill over last year.
That is pretty lima lima lima duck bad.
We deserve our punishment.
suck it up, move on and look forward to 2011.
2012 premiers. Legit.
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

Hey tugga - get *lima lima lima duck*. I'm not taking any punishment. We WILL get our Premierships back!! The NRL didn't follow the rules when dishing out the punishments. The court will find in our favour and then the Premierships come back to where they rightly belong!!!
superstar5677
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Great so News Ltd fires the 4 people that were standing up for us and saying that the punishments were wrong, then replaces them with people that work for News Ltd. Let's just face it - Melbourne Storm has NO independent directors - it's all News Ltd.
Which is bad.
Because they own half of the NRL, and if we say something that's true but goes against the NRL, News Ltd will fire whoever said it.
Because they're in charge now.
Completely.
PURPLE HEART, PURPLE PRIDE
NEVER SURRENDER, NEVER DIE

I <3 Cooper Cronk!!!
*swoon*
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Crooner wrote: Here's what I don't unerstand, the club knows what the salery cap is in 2011 already, the club knows how many players they require to field a team, the big 4 have said they will take pay cuts.
Any contract can be terminated at any time if both partys agree.
You can't tell me that the football department and the board do not have a plan in place already with who they want and what it will cost.
The players would have at least a small idea and they would have discussed it as a group at some point.
What the *lima lima lima duck* is the hold up, I just don't get it.
I does not matter any more what we breached the cap by over the last 5 year, we are serving the punishment for that offence.
All that matters is 2011 at this point, I am strugling to understand why the club has not come out with a plan for 2011.
Shit we can put together a roster on here but they can't I don't get it.

Sorry for the rant, like you all I am completely over this whole ordeal

Until the court case is complete, the NRL will not register anymore contracts, thats the delay. But the fact that the four Directors have been sacked, the case will probably be dropped and we can move on, at the end of the day we got caught and should just take it on the chin and move on to 2011.