Where the F@#@# is the Deloitte report??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Seriously people, what do we expect? The report is being paid for by News, who are being sued by the independent directors. Deloitte won't bite the hand that feeds it.
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sp ... 107sn.html

AARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Wednesday now.  :?
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

What's another day when we have waited so long!

But I loved this quote, NOT :

"The Storm aren't the only ones anxiously awaiting the report, with their NRL rival clubs also waiting to see which players could be available in the event of a fire sale"

For me it moreso the supporters of those clubs who abused our players when we played them, yet they are now more than happy to see the players at their rotten clubs :P
HayneHeadbutt
Squall
Squall

CooperCronk wrote: What's another day when we have waited so long!

But I loved this quote, NOT :

"The Storm aren't the only ones anxiously awaiting the report, with their NRL rival clubs also waiting to see which players could be available in the event of a fire sale"

For me it moreso the supporters of those clubs who abused our players when we played them, yet they are now more than happy to see the players at their rotten clubs :P

BRING ON THE FIRE SALE!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
[img]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww82/ADJ1/stripped.gif[/img]
[img]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww82/ADJ1/haynetoogood2-1.jpg[/img]
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

You are really desperate for Cooper Cronk arn't you PARRAsite..oh well I suppose with a F%#*#d up team like you have you would be fairly desperate hey Butthead
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Looks like tomorrow is the day we find out just how lima lima lima duck we are...
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I just found this written by Danny Wielder, I throught it was interesting.

STORM TO QUERY PROBE
THE WAIT for the Deloittes report into the Melbourne Storm is frustrating the NRL no end - but when it is delivered the Storm are sure to question just how well the report was compiled. According to Storm insiders not one player has agreed to be interviewed. The players say they were willing to be interviewed and were prepared to sign confidentiality clauses, however they also wanted News Limited to sign the same clause. Naturally News refused because they want to make every aspect of the Storm's cheating public.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Apparently Rob Moodie was on SEN tonight talking about the audit - did anyone listen in, and if so, able to update us on anything new that was disclosed?
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Diehard_Storm wrote: Apparently Rob Moodie was on SEN tonight talking about the audit - did anyone listen in, and if so, able to update us on anything new that was disclosed?

Here's Dr Rob's thoughts and i couldn't agree more with him. I can't believe i was so grateful when News said they'd be sticking by the club after all this broke, i looked at them like our saviour back then but now i see them as a cancer on our great club and the sooner they're cut out of it the better we'll be.

MELBOURNE Storm chairman Rob Moodie has questioned the validity of an audit commissioned by News Ltd that is understood to show the club has breached the salary cap by $3.2 million over the past five years. The findings of the audit by accountancy firm Deloitte are expected to be released this week but senior Melbourne officials and players say they doubt whether a report that was paid for by News Ltd, owners of the Storm and 50 per cent stakeholders in the NRL, can be truly independent.

Many at the club fear News Ltd is protecting its own agenda, with Moodie telling the Herald yesterday: "It was clear from the outset that the inquiry was set up to serve the best interests of News Ltd rather than the best interests of the Melbourne Storm." One member of the Storm's backroom staff added: "It seems slightly ridiculous that News have been billing this report as independent. How can it be when they paid for it? Everybody knows News has an agenda given their conflicts of interest. You also have to wonder at how insightful Deloitte's findings can be as most people wouldn't speak to them.''

It is believed Deloitte had sought to speak with about 40 people involved with the Storm but that more than half refused to meet with the auditors. Many of those who declined interviews did so after the accounting firm refused to guarantee confidentiality, with players, in particular, fearing details they revealed would end up in News Ltd newspapers. While News Ltd received Deloitte's report last week, it has not yet been seen by the independent directors. Their only knowledge of the findings came when News Ltd's chief operating officer, Peter Macourt, phoned Moodie yesterday to outline some of its details and to call on the club's independent directors to resign. During that conversation, it is understood Macourt admitted not all the evidence from the Deloitte investigation would be made public. According to a source close to the club's independent directors, Macourt told Moodie some of the findings were ''much too difficult'' to be released.

However, Macourt, who oversees all rugby league issues for Rupert Murdoch's media company and is on the NRL partnership committee, is also believed to have told the Storm chairman that auditors had uncovered emails that would reflect poorly on the independent directors. But a source close to the independent board members, who are taking the NRL to court over the punishment handed down for the salary cap breaches, said they were looking forward to reading the report. "The directors are keen to see what the Deloitte report says and their lawyers will be reading it carefully for anything which is defamatory," one insider said.

The court case in which the independent board members will claim the NRL failed to follow due process when deciding to strip the club of the 2007 and 2009 premierships is due to begin on August 2. Macourt yesterday told Moodie he was disappointed the independent directors had not taken up News' offer of ''mediation''. But a club insider said: "It's fanciful for Macourt to claim they refused mediation. He basically told them to drop their court action at a meeting in May."
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Arses are being covered by a plot thicker than 10 years worth of Yellow pages. :(
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

Macourt told Moodie some of the findings were ''much too difficult'' to be released.
Yeah, like the parts that implicate News Ltd?!!!
petawilk
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Diehard_Storm wrote: Apparently Rob Moodie was on SEN tonight talking about the audit - did anyone listen in, and if so, able to update us on anything new that was disclosed?

one thing he said about the court case, was that the NRL took 2 weeks to decide what to do about a club that had 14 players on the field, but 10 minutes to decide what to do about the Storm situation. Hardly fair.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just google Deloitte and scandal to see how trustworthy this mob is.
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

Now the report has been delayed again to at least tomorrow or Friday. Go f### yourselves Deloiite
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

waveydavey wrote:
Macourt told Moodie some of the findings were ''much too difficult'' to be released.
Yeah, like the parts that implicate News Ltd?!!!
My thoughts exactly. They have taken every opportunity to spread anything negative about Storm since this crap started. They have resorted to innuendo, misinformation and outright character assassination to damage Storm and now they want us to think that they are trying to withhold stuff to protect Storm from even more damage. B*&^%)it!! The only reason it has been in the hands of their lawyers for the last week or so is so that it can be cleaned up and anything that implicates News Ltd is removed and filed away. What pathetic dribble!! :angryfire: